Workaround for lack of DS mouse commands

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
George87

How to issue mouse events using Javascript in your macro_CORRECTION

Post by George87 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 am

Main topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19215&_ga=2.2622982 ... 1608654150

There are errors in description using DS_Mouse.iim
DS_Mouse.iim has code:

Code: Select all

case<SP>"OVER"
and

"{{_DS_Command}}".substring(1)
Therefore to use mouse event «mouseover» you must use in your code, for example, «_OVER».
And there are errors in code window for «TECHNICAL: The _DS_Mouse.iim».
chivracq

Re: How to issue mouse events using Javascript in your macro_CORRECTION

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:27 am

George87 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 am
Main topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19215&_ga=2.2622982 ... 1608654150

There are errors in description using DS_Mouse.iim
DS_Mouse.iim has code:

case<SP>"OVER"
"evolving
and

"{{_DS_Command}}".substring(1)
Therefore to use mouse event «mouseover» you must use in your code, for example, «_OVER».
And there are errors in code window for «TECHNICAL: The _DS_Mouse.iim».

Oh...!?, the Thread you are referring to in one of the 'HowTo' Sub-Forums was a "Hard-Copy" made by @TechSup (and the Thread is therefore 'Locked') from an "Original" Thread made by Advanced User @davidpoor at that time, and the "original" Thread is not Locked and kept "evolving" over the years, (since 2012), so you can better post your Feedback/Contribution in that Thread directly, I would think...:
- Workaround for lack of DS mouse commands
Then @OP (from that Thread) + several other Users that contributed to that Thread and Users following it will also get some Notification about your Post... :idea:

Also useful would be if you could also mention your FCI(s) in which you've tested your Code...? :idea:

>>>

EDIT:
Other "Option" @George87..., don't do "anything", well apart from adding your FCI to your OP in "this" Thread, and I'll ask the Forum Admin to merge "your" Thread into the "Original" Thread... :idea:
And I will then do some mini-Bump to that Original Thread for the Users following that Thread for them to get some Notif...

(And I will also ask the Forum Admin if he maybe can add a Link to the Original Thread (in the Copy-Thread from the 'HowTo' Sub-Forum), when Users like you want to "react" to that 'HowTo' or want to post some Feedback/Update..., to avoid getting each time the "Situation" with several parallel Threads because Users don't find the Unlocked Original Thread...)

You may then just want to subscribe to the Original Thread if you want to be notified if anybody reacts to your Post, as I'm not sure if you do/still get Notifs when 2 Threads get merged..., well if you have ueberhaupt enabled Notifs for this current Thread anyway... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
George87

Post by George87 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Thank you very much for the link to «Workaround for lack of DS mouse commands» :!:
I spend much time, but could find threads about mouse events only at the «HowTo» Sub-Forums. I have a problems with English language :(
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:23 pm

George87 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:18 pm
Thank you very much for the link to «Workaround for lack of DS mouse commands» :!:
I spend much time, but could find threads about mouse events only at the «HowTo» Sub-Forums. I have a problems with English language :(

OK, good..., and well..., I "found" the Original Thread because I "knew" about it, and about several Posts over the years in it, so I went "looking for it" when I was "surprised" to see that the "main" Thread you had linked to in the 'HowTo' Sub-Forum was Locked and was "missing" all the additional Posts, ah-ah...! :wink:

And again, could you add your FCI to your OP in this Thread...? :?:
(FCI = Full Config Info // OP = Original/Opening Post)

(And the Merge will probably take a few days..., the Forum Admin doesn't check the Forum every day..., a few other Threads are also "waiting" for @TechSup to have a look...)

>>>

EDIT (2 days later):
Gave a Big Size to my "Request" about mentioning your FCI...! Grrr...! :roll: :shock:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...