iMacros incompatible with Firefox18

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nevyn

iMacros incompatible with Firefox18

Post by nevyn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:02 am

Hi
Just updated to Firefox 18

Now my image saving script crashes with error code:
NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS: Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI], line: 12 (Error code: -1001)

Script is failing on lines:
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=* WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=HREF:http://*.jpg CONTENT=EVENT:SAVEPICTUREAS
(script is working ok in ff17 and older)

This error is also reproducable with one of the Demo files; Demo-SaveTargetAs.iim

Google gives this result from Bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=820522

It seems Mozilla has rewritten it's code adding an extra argument, and the addons involved needs to be updated to this?

Is there a solution or workaround for this error? Seems to me there must be a lot of iMacro users who are facing this problem.

Thanx Nevyn

nevyn
Tom, Tech Support

Re: iMacros incompatible with Firefox18

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 am

Hi nevyn,

Thanks for the report! I have confirmed the issue and logged it for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
bobis

Post by bobis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:41 am

it looks like with each firefox update imacros for firefox become less and less functional - in ff16 js files replay issue appear, in ff17 java support was removed, now download does not work. :?
if it will continue like this we will leave with only url goto command :(
Get Best iMacros scripts at http://imacrosbot.com/
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 am

I think you are exaggerating just a bit bobis. The issue with .js files playback was resolved with Firefox 17, and there was nothing we could do about Java support, but that was never an iMacros feature to begin with, just a beneficial side affect. This latest issue with the EVENT:SAVETARGETAS not working should be an easy fix.

It's important to stress that these disruptions are being caused by changes to Firefox, and not changes we are making to iMacros itself. We will respond as quickly as possible to address these issues and keep iMacros compatible and functional with all new releases of Firefox.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am

I quite agree bobis as we are facing more issues in the last versions of iMacros (maybe since mozilla changed their versionning).

No matter who's responsible for that, it is a fact, and i'am sure your programmer team have lot to lot do with all the new firefox versions.

I just posted on the forum about a possible new issue on the beta version, i'am very interested to have an answer : http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18783

Thanks for your work with iMacros which is still a very good addon for firefox.

skippyto.
dsabatier

Post by dsabatier » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I get the NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS pb with firefox 18.0 (automatic update) and latest iMacros. All my scripts are saving images.

Just to tell that this is important.

Thanks for providing iMacros.
MarkHunnibell

Post by MarkHunnibell » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Although the rest the commands of my iMacros 7.6.0.2 script seems to work in Firefox 18.0 on Mac OS X, the following command does NOT result in a saved file of any type (at least not where I could find it):

Code: Select all

SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER="/Users/mark/dev/images" FILE=TEST.png
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:04 pm

MarkHunnibell wrote:Although the rest the commands of my iMacros 7.6.0.2 script seems to work in Firefox 18.0 on Mac OS X, the following command does NOT result in a saved file of any type (at least not where I could find it):

Hi Mark,

Are you receiving an error on that command? Or does the command execute but there is no file?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
bobis

Post by bobis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 pm

I know that the problems are related to Firefox changes and not by iMacros, but since I provide imacros bots and scripts to my customers for me it is little embarrassing to tell them all the time that they need to downgrade to ff15 which is latest most stable version to work with imacros (I work with it up until now because of different issues with imacros on latest versions of Firefox).
MarkHunnibell

Post by MarkHunnibell » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:
MarkHunnibell wrote:Although the rest the commands of my iMacros 7.6.0.2 script seems to work in Firefox 18.0 on Mac OS X, the following command does NOT result in a saved file of any type (at least not where I could find it):

Hi Mark,

Are you receiving an error on that command? Or does the command execute but there is no file?
I usually don't monitor the script in the sidebar, but I just did and it gave the error below when it reached the "SAVEAS" command:

NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS: Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI], line: 5 (Error code: -1001)
lostandleft

Post by lostandleft » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi there is a problem
NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS: Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI], line: 2 (Error code: -1001)
When i Use JS script like this:

iimPlay("code: ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=E:\capchas FILE=cap1.jpg WAIT=YES\nTAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=ID:ctl00_cphMain_captchaInit_CaptchaImageUP CONTENT=EVENT:SAVEITEM");
FF18
Imacros 7602
bobis

Post by bobis » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

yes I've also encountered issues with SAVEITEM event on FF18 - it does not save image (it can't find it), while works fine on ff17 and ff15

TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:*www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=* CONTENT=EVENT:SAVEITEM
senzaesclusiva

Post by senzaesclusiva » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Mac Os X 10.6.8
Firefox 18
iMacros 7.6.0.2

Command SAVEAS is executed but images are not saved. No message error appears.
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 am

Tom, iOpus wrote:

Hi Mark,

Same issue here.

Code:

SAVEAS TYPE=JPEG FOLDER=* FILE={{!NOW:yyyy/mm/dd_hh:nn:ss}}_screenshot
Error msg:

NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS: Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI], line: 4 (Error code: -1001)
Enviroment:
Firefox 18
iMacros addon 7.6.0.2
www.gustavorivera.com.mx
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:06 am

senzaesclusiva wrote:Mac Os X 10.6.8
Firefox 18
iMacros 7.6.0.2

Command SAVEAS is executed but images are not saved. No message error appears.
Maybe you have

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
That's why you don't get the error
www.gustavorivera.com.mx