A few issues

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
apwkid_8_8_8

A few issues

Post by apwkid_8_8_8 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:49 am

1.) Is this beta a limited demo or is it free, shareware free for the length of beta or what? I could not find that information anywhere.

2.) When in mid recording [from the 'Rec' tab after clicking the 'Record' button and going through any number of steps] if I stop the recording before being finished I cannot pick the recording back up later to finish recording it. At least I cant seem to figure out how.

3.) Another issue mid recording is that I cant delete a recorded item? Say I accidentally click the wrong button I have no way to undo that last recording which is highly annoying.
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: A few issues

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:25 pm

Hi,

thanks for your comments on the extension. The development team is very happy about detailed feedback.

And concerning your question: the released FF extension is a free beta with no temporal restriction.

Hannes
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:27 pm

I forgot about the deletion: It is available via right clicking the macro

Hannes
apwkid_8_8_8

Post by apwkid_8_8_8 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:00 pm

im sorry. I will be more clear. I meant while recording how do I delete a step i have made.

I want to undo a step but I cant do it without stopping the recording (Which I also dont know how to start recording the same macro again once it has been stopped)
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:13 pm

I would suggest, you continue with the recording, and after finishing, you select the "Edit" panel, click "Edit macro" and remove the relevant lines with the editor that pops up.

To your second comment: There is currently no way of directly "continuing" a recording that has been stopped. But in many cases, you might just record a second macro with the missing part, and then combine the two in the editor.

Hannes