RuntimeError unhandled confirm dialog

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: RuntimeError unhandled confirm dialog

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi chivracq,

You lost me in the first paragraph where you attempt to describe this new issue. The best thing to do, whenever possible, is provide us with a concrete example, preferably a sample macro that demonstrates the issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:31 pm

chivracq wrote: But I discovered a somewhat annoying drawback related to it:
A Checkbox ticked by Script is then locked as long as some next Instruction on the same Page hasn't taken the Focus onto some other Element on the same Page somewhere else and it's impossible to untick it manually (during Macro Execution or if the Macro has been paused).
If the Checkbox was the last Instruction before clicking a CommandButton, the only Solution to uncheck it manually is to stop the Macro...

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ACTION:/do_action_xxx.php ATTR=ID:xxx_643646 CONTENT=YES

I can solve it by adding an extra Instruction in all my Macros to take the Focus to some useless Element/Object on the same Page with a WAIT, but that will require a lot of Code Review...
Hi Tom, I reused your Demo-FillForm.iim to demonstrate the problem:
The Object with the Focus is locked...

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7210419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1     
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v6/f1/form.asp  
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Name CONTENT=Tom<SP>Tester 
'We manually changed the TAG command from using the postion of a value (e. g. "1") 
'to using its real name, e. g. "Pizza"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:main CONTENT=$Pizza
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:drink CONTENT=$Water
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:C7&&VALUE:ON CONTENT=YES 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:dessert CONTENT=$Apple<SP>Pie:$Fruits 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Customer&&VALUE:Yes CONTENT=Yes 
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Reg_code CONTENT=demo123 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:Remarks CONTENT=Hi!<BR><LF><BR><LF>Pause<SP>the<SP>Macro<SP>and<SP>try<SP>to<SP>uncheck<SP>the<SP>small<SP>drink...!

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:C7&&VALUE:ON CONTENT=YES
WAIT SECONDS=30

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:TestForm ATTR=NAME:SendButton&&VALUE:Click<SP>to<SP>order<SP>now  
'WAIT SECONDS=5
'URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/home/msg/ok.htm 
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:54 am

chivracq wrote:(The behaviour of the 'Pause' Button has changed as well since the last Version, it used to toggle nicely in real time between 'Pause/Continue', now it toggles only after a full HTML Page has been loaded or the TimeOut Threshold has been reached, which is often quite confusing.)
After lengthy discussion with the development team, it was confirmed that the Paused state for the player is active only from the next command. This was introduced to solve another tricky issue, and as a result, pausing a macro does not actually occur until page loading is complete. It has been deemed that solving the tricky issue was more important than this minor tradeoff introduced with the solution. This behavior will not be changed for the time being.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:06 am

Tom, iOpus wrote:
chivracq wrote:(The behaviour of the 'Pause' Button has changed as well since the last Version, it used to toggle nicely in real time between 'Pause/Continue', now it toggles only after a full HTML Page has been loaded or the TimeOut Threshold has been reached, which is often quite confusing.)
After lengthy discussion with the development team, it was confirmed that the Paused state for the player is active only from the next command. This was introduced to solve another tricky issue, and as a result, pausing a macro does not actually occur until page loading is complete. It has been deemed that solving the tricky issue was more important than this minor tradeoff introduced with the solution. This behavior will not be changed for the time being.
OK, a bit of a pity because very often quite confusing if you have to wait for 15 sec or longer before the Pause Button finally displays "Resume" meaning that the 1-2-3-4-5 click/s on 'Pause' 15 sec ago was/were successful, but I can understand the higher premises... (could you btw give a Link to some other Forum or Bug-DB Item related to that "other tricky Issue" that I've never experienced, I think...?) (and I've learned to live with it for the last 2 weeks...) and I can/could most of the time work it around if..., I only hope it's not related to:
chivracq wrote: 2- v8.5.1 breaks something new which is quite annoying: Until v8.3.0, when loading a new Web-Page, iMacros would jump to the next instruction in the Macro when the Page had been fully loaded (logical!), the Timeout Threshold (global options or set in the Macro) had been reached or when the Page was still loading but the user clicked manually on the "Stop loading this page/Reload current page" Button in Firefox. The last method is now broken, iMacros hangs at the next instruction, pause + resume doesn't do anything, the only way to get the Macro to run further is to reload the Page completely... and wait sometimes a long time... Grrr!
Any new Version coming soon...?

(Shit, I haven't published all my findings about the EVENT Recording/Replay Mode..., btw do you want them like 1 Bug per Post or do I post them all in 1 Thread and if required, it's always possible to extract 1 single Issue and make it an apart Thread...? The second option is I think better, at least for a start...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 am

chivracq wrote: 2- v8.5.1 breaks something new which is quite annoying: Until v8.3.0, when loading a new Web-Page, iMacros would jump to the next instruction in the Macro when the Page had been fully loaded (logical!), the Timeout Threshold (global options or set in the Macro) had been reached or when the Page was still loading but the user clicked manually on the "Stop loading this page/Reload current page" Button in Firefox. The last method is now broken, iMacros hangs at the next instruction, pause + resume doesn't do anything, the only way to get the Macro to run further is to reload the Page completely... and wait sometimes a long time... Grrr!
This one is still being worked on.
chivracq wrote:btw do you want them like 1 Bug per Post or do I post them all in 1 Thread and if required, it's always possible to extract 1 single Issue and make it an apart Thread...? The second option is I think better, at least for a start
Agreed, 1 thread for now, but start a new thread (don't post them here since it's unrelated).
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support