Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

For those of you having problems with 8.5.1, would you please upgrade to 8.5.3 to see if this resolves the problem(s).

If it doesn't, then please provide us with a simple macro that recreates the issue. This will allow us to quickly recreate and troubleshoot the problem on our test systems. If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please open a support ticket and mention this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
macroman2

Post by macroman2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am

Hello guys,

We experience the same problem. I tried 8.5.1 (not beta ) and also 8.5.3 Beta, both with Firefox 24 have the same problem.
We have intranet web-site using frames and this error happens especialle after page refreshes itself - after submiting forms:
TypeError: can't access dead object, line: ## (Error code: -1001)

However I also want to report second problem with this error: Once this error happens, the Imacros for Firefox is stuck. I cannot stop the script, I cannot pause it, I cannot run another sript. Imacros is unusable. The only thing I can do is to restart the firefox.

I also tried few other things:
Once this error happens, it can be partially supressed with SET !ERRORIGNORE YES, and after that some Imacros commands work, some don't (!):
URL GOTO - does work - it loads the page, however following commands do not work anymore (even if they are AFTER URL GOTO)
FRAME - doest not work
TAG - does not work
So once ERRORIGNORE is set to NO, iMacros for Firefox will fail on any of commands pointing to web-site obejcts and Imacros is stuck and Firefox needs to be restarted.

Thank you very much.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi macroman2,

Thanks for the additional information. We're already aware of this "dead object" error and I have added your details to our internal ticket.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:22 am

I'm having an issue with 8.5.3 generating the 'can't access dead object' issue within Firefox 31.0.2 (OS X 10.8.5) every time I run a particular script.

The script only a. goes to page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table b. goes to next page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table -> etc... and then saves the EXTRACT value to a file, but it keeps failing with the dead object issue at the point it's trying to find the table header element on a new page after having navigated to it.

I introduced 2 second waits to try and give it a chance to 'catch up' / stay on pace but it made no real difference.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Cybes wrote:I'm having an issue with 8.5.3 generating the 'can't access dead object' issue within Firefox 31.0.2 (OS X 10.8.5) every time I run a particular script.

The script only a. goes to page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table b. goes to next page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table -> etc... and then saves the EXTRACT value to a file, but it keeps failing with the dead object issue at the point it's trying to find the table header element on a new page after having navigated to it.

I introduced 2 second waits to try and give it a chance to 'catch up' / stay on pace but it made no real difference.
Ouf-ouf, but if you are really still at Version v8.5.3 for FF which is now about 1 year old, you should update iMacros to v8.8.x, the most stable Configuration currently is v8.8.2 + FF30, but you are using FF31 and Firefox introduced big Changes in FF31 (for Win32, but I reckon the same Changes apply as well for MacOS) and again in FF32 forcing you to use v8.8.3+ Beta (v8.8.5 currently available for Download from the 'Firefox Version History' Page, but is quite unstable...).
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...