Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support
Posts: 3610
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

For those of you having problems with 8.5.1, would you please upgrade to 8.5.3 to see if this resolves the problem(s).

If it doesn't, then please provide us with a simple macro that recreates the issue. This will allow us to quickly recreate and troubleshoot the problem on our test systems. If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please open a support ticket and mention this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
macroman2
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Post by macroman2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am

Hello guys,

We experience the same problem. I tried 8.5.1 (not beta ) and also 8.5.3 Beta, both with Firefox 24 have the same problem.
We have intranet web-site using frames and this error happens especialle after page refreshes itself - after submiting forms:
TypeError: can't access dead object, line: ## (Error code: -1001)

However I also want to report second problem with this error: Once this error happens, the Imacros for Firefox is stuck. I cannot stop the script, I cannot pause it, I cannot run another sript. Imacros is unusable. The only thing I can do is to restart the firefox.

I also tried few other things:
Once this error happens, it can be partially supressed with SET !ERRORIGNORE YES, and after that some Imacros commands work, some don't (!):
URL GOTO - does work - it loads the page, however following commands do not work anymore (even if they are AFTER URL GOTO)
FRAME - doest not work
TAG - does not work
So once ERRORIGNORE is set to NO, iMacros for Firefox will fail on any of commands pointing to web-site obejcts and Imacros is stuck and Firefox needs to be restarted.

Thank you very much.
Tom, Tech Support
Posts: 3610
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi macroman2,

Thanks for the additional information. We're already aware of this "dead object" error and I have added your details to our internal ticket.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Cybes
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:06 am

Re: Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Post by Cybes » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:22 am

I'm having an issue with 8.5.3 generating the 'can't access dead object' issue within Firefox 31.0.2 (OS X 10.8.5) every time I run a particular script.

The script only a. goes to page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table b. goes to next page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table -> etc... and then saves the EXTRACT value to a file, but it keeps failing with the dead object issue at the point it's trying to find the table header element on a new page after having navigated to it.

I introduced 2 second waits to try and give it a chance to 'catch up' / stay on pace but it made no real difference.
chivracq
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: Problem on 8.5.1 Beta iMacros for Firefox version

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Cybes wrote:I'm having an issue with 8.5.3 generating the 'can't access dead object' issue within Firefox 31.0.2 (OS X 10.8.5) every time I run a particular script.

The script only a. goes to page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table b. goes to next page -> finds table header -> extract values from a table -> etc... and then saves the EXTRACT value to a file, but it keeps failing with the dead object issue at the point it's trying to find the table header element on a new page after having navigated to it.

I introduced 2 second waits to try and give it a chance to 'catch up' / stay on pace but it made no real difference.
Ouf-ouf, but if you are really still at Version v8.5.3 for FF which is now about 1 year old, you should update iMacros to v8.8.x, the most stable Configuration currently is v8.8.2 + FF30, but you are using FF31 and Firefox introduced big Changes in FF31 (for Win32, but I reckon the same Changes apply as well for MacOS) and again in FF32 forcing you to use v8.8.3+ Beta (v8.8.5 currently available for Download from the 'Firefox Version History' Page, but is quite unstable...).
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Post Reply