Opening new mail in Gmail

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mattmcla

Opening new mail in Gmail

Post by mattmcla » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:29 pm

Hey, I'm very new to this product and the company I work for is looking into it as a solution. One of the things we *must* accomplish is being able to properly navigate specific areas of gmail. This unto it self is no small feat because the DOM is dynamically generated by javascript and so far I haven't been having a lot of luck.

What I'm currently getting hung up on is trying to click on the most current email. The inbox is a table and each TR element is a mail thread. The newest mail thread has an ID of w_0. There is an onMouseDown event that triggers when you click on the TR but it's not expressly associated in the HTML and if you've ever tried to parse gmails javascript . . . you'll know it's nearly impossible to trace anything.

SO, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or similar situations they found solutions for. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
mattmcla

Post by mattmcla » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:20 pm

It's beginning to look like it's not possible to do this yet with FF. I would need the help of WINCLICK and that just isn't available yet. I will keep my eyes open for updates and hopefully we will be able to use your product once that feature has been integrated.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Navigating Gmail should be possible without the use of WINCLICK. Can you send us some screenshots of the functions that you want to automate?

You can post the screenshots directly in this forum (see http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=1311). If you prefer to keep them private, you can submit a tech support ticket and attach the screenshots there (http://support.iopus.com/).
Zealander

Post by Zealander » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:09 am

Having similar problem. If a button or a link activate javascript function iMacros fails to record it.

For example, I ' unable to create a macro that would go to GMail and Compose new email. Steps I tried to record:

- Go to GMail
- Click "Compose Mail"
- Enter email, subject, body
- Click "Discard" button

iMacro Start:

iMacro Error (did not record Compose Mail click):
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:17 pm

Zealander, thanks, I was able to recreate the issue. As mattmcla described, the standard Gmail interface can be automated with iMacros, but this requires the use of WINCLICK (available inside the iMacros browser, see http://www.iopus.com/imacros/help/winclick.htm for details).

But there is a good solution for this: Simply switch to "Basic HTML View" and you can automate access to your Gmail account with iMacros for Firefox: For details, please see Automate Gmail.