Newbie question: how to copy select parts of a webpage

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
Fin77

Newbie question: how to copy select parts of a webpage

Post by Fin77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Complete newbie here I'm afraid with no programming experience. I've tried searching the forums for this but the answers and the wiki read a little like Greek to me. I'd like to know if the following is possible (i.e. if it's worth several hours of trying to learn how all this works):

I'd like to be able to copy the main picture and the 5 areas of text (see attached jpg) from webpages at the liveauctioneers site similar to this one:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/216 ... -barometer

I have to go through heaps and heaps of these lots on a regular basis and it would be nice to find a way to copy the selected text in an easier way. Usually I paste the output in Word 2013 (without formatting) along with the main picture. If iMacros can't extract directly to Word it would still be useful if it could copy all the selected items as 1 copy so I can just press a button for each page and then go into word and paste it.

I'm using the iMacros for Firefox addon 8.5.3 VERSION BUILD=8530828
Windows 8

Cheers, hope this is enough info.
Attachments
temp1.jpg