NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8000

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sargon

Re: NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x

Post by sargon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 am

I can confirm the bug and the workaround, too.

Using Libre Office will not work, i use it for my .csv files and after that i have to open them with Notepadd++ (Windows only) and change the encoding from UTF-8 without BOM (byte order mark) to UTF-8. It seems that Libre Office uses UTF-8 without BOM. Scite / Scintilla should also support converting of encoding.

Maybe Text Wrangler have an option to select the coding option?
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Had this problem with my datasource txt files and it was driving me nuts.
UTF8 did the trick, thanks for the tip!
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:12 am

IrishMacro wrote:Had this problem with my datasource txt files and it was driving me nuts.
UTF8 did the trick, thanks for the tip!
Good to hear...! Thanks for the Feedback...!
(And one or two before, the more Feedback, the better...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jimifire

Post by jimifire » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm having the same problem in my Mac. I have changed the encoding of the CSV source file and I have checked that the macro is in UTF-8.

I have then modified the source file into a .txt and saved it in UTF-8 with TextEdit.

In both cases no luck!

I had to revert back to FF 27 and it is now working.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:45 pm

jimifire wrote:I'm having the same problem in my Mac. I have changed the encoding of the CSV source file and I have checked that the macro is in UTF-8.

I have then modified the source file into a .txt and saved it in UTF-8 with TextEdit.

In both cases no luck!

I had to revert back to FF 27 and it is now working.
I think you read a few Posts related to MacOS a bit too quickly, and you don't mention what Editor you used to save your .CSV File in UTF8 Encoding, select with BOM if available... Otherwise, you need to re-save your .CSV File on a Win32/64 PC using Notepad or Notepad++...

EDIT: I had previously mentioned "without BOM", thanks to 'Jimifire', it must be "with BOM"...
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
jimifire

Post by jimifire » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks chivracq, I had missed the with/without BOM issue.

I was changing the encoding of the CSV with the Terminal, but it didn't solve it. I have used TextWrangler re-opening and saving it with encoding UTF-8 with BOM and now it works.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:43 pm

jimifire wrote:Thanks chivracq, I had missed the with/without BOM issue.

I was changing the encoding of the CSV with the Terminal, but it didn't solve it. I have used TextWrangler re-opening and saving it with encoding UTF-8 with BOM and now it works.
OK, good to hear, sorry about the "with/without BOM", looks like I got a bit mixed up, so it must be "with BOM"..., I am going to edit my previous Msg...

The good news is that you are the first one to manage to save your DataSource in a correct Format completely on a Mac, without having to switch to some Win32/64 System to re-save your file with Notepad(++).
jukinch

Post by jukinch » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Keep in mind that what should be stored in utf8 format is the comma separated file.
Just open the *.csv file in windows notepad and save as utf-8 codification.-

Spanish:
Hay que tener en cuenta que el archivo que debe ser guardado en utf8 es el archivo separado por comas.
Abrir el archivo *.csv con el bloc de notas de windows y guardarlo con la opción guardar como codificación utf-8.-
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 am

Hi Everyone,

A new beta version of iMacros for Firefox is available that fixes the issue with ANSI files that was introduced in Firefox 28.

You can download the .xpi from the following location:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
sjmoll

Post by sjmoll » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Hi Everyone,

A new beta version of iMacros for Firefox is available that fixes the issue with ANSI files that was introduced in Firefox 28.

You can download the .xpi from the following location:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
Nice timing, Tom!

I had just encountered the issue for the first time today, and I was not looking forward to downgrading FF. The beta fixed the issue for me. My macro does not have an external data source like some - it just has 3 tag commands and 2 waits.
mevsme

Post by mevsme » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:42 pm

Hey! I've just returned to find out if any sollution came out))) Because problem was not only with CSV files, but with my custom `save image` scripts too.
And has to say that encoding of the scripts WITH BOM does help) Thanks, no need to downgrade FF.
JBB

Post by JBB » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I got the same error. The solution for me was encoding .csv files in UTF-8 so that iMacros can read and write to them (Excel does not do this when saving as .csv).

I found the solution on another forum thanks to Phil Walton:

1) Go to the Excel document and check everything is ok, then click Save As, and under ‘Save as Type’ choose ‘Unicode Text’. Then close the document.
2) Open that same ‘Unicode Text’ document in Notepad, then click Save as, under Encoding, choose ‘UTF-8’, in Save as Type choose ‘All Files’, and in the file name end the name with .csv

That's it.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:14 pm

JBB wrote:I got the same error. The solution for me was encoding .csv files in UTF-8 so that iMacros can read and write to them (Excel does not do this when saving as .csv).

I found the solution on another forum thanks to Phil Walton:

1) Go to the Excel document and check everything is ok, then click Save As, and under ‘Save as Type’ choose ‘Unicode Text’. Then close the document.
2) Open that same ‘Unicode Text’ document in Notepad, then click Save as, under Encoding, choose ‘UTF-8’, in Save as Type choose ‘All Files’, and in the file name end the name with .csv

That's it.
Yep, but you didn't need to go to another Forum, you have the same Solution in this current Thread in one of my Posts from March 2014:
chivracq wrote:- But the easiest Workaround I found is to open once your .CSV File in Notepad and to re-save it directly with UTF-8 Encoding...
EDIT: Make sure to select UTF-8 with BOM on MacOS Editors.