Is it REALLY clicking on the link?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rfqmaster

Is it REALLY clicking on the link?

Post by rfqmaster » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 pm

I've got a script that clicks on a web page link, and I'm thinking it's just reading the link and navigating directly to it. The reason I think this is because in my web logs I don't see a referrer.

If a user clicks on the link the web logs clearly show the page as a referrer, however when iMacros does it the referrer is blank.

I'm using the standard TAG POS= so was lead to believe that it would simulate a user clicking on the link. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
htahir1

Re: Is it REALLY clicking on the link?

Post by htahir1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:59 am

I am having the same issue. If I use the TAG POS=1 standard code , then Analytics show that there is no referrer.. even though im sure that iMacros actually CLICKS on the link rather than navigating to its URL..

However, using the experimental mode EVENT type code adds the referrer.. but it is not malleable enough for me to use in my code.

Please anyone help! Is there anyway to add a referrer using TAG
rfqmaster

Post by rfqmaster » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Is there any support here? If not does anyone have a suggestion on how to figure this out? Anyone else ever run into this?

Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:17 am

rfqmaster wrote:Is there any support here? If not does anyone have a suggestion on how to figure this out? Anyone else ever run into this?

Thanks
CIM...! :mrgreen:

"Anyone else ever run into this?" => Can't you read...!? User 'htahir1' confirmed your Issue and mentioned a Workaround...

And TechSupport doesn't comes often on the Forum, maybe once or twice a week, and usually on Fridays, so you may be lucky today..., but the first Question they will be asking you will be to mention your Full Config (which you should have mentioned in your first Post if you had read the Forum Rules), then you'll have to wait for one more week...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...