How do I run multiple Firefox windows of the same macro?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
macrodude

How do I run multiple Firefox windows of the same macro?

Post by macrodude » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 pm

I tried to open 2 Firefox windows but when I ran the same macro on another "client" it froze the first Firefox and won't work. Is there a way I can run the same iMacros script on multiple Firefoxes?
chivracq

Re: How do I run multiple Firefox windows of the same macro?

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:59 pm

macrodude wrote:I tried to open 2 Firefox windows but when I ran the same macro on another "client" it froze the first Firefox and won't work. Is there a way I can run the same iMacros script on multiple Firefoxes?
CIM...! :mrgreen:

Don't you notice that you, nearly each time you ask a new Question, don't get any Replies (as you never mention your Full Config) and if you do get some Replies, you don't follow up on your Threads and don't answer anymore the Questions that I have asked you in the past and you don't bother to come back for a mini-thank you? Or if you managed to find the Solution, you can post it for other Users in the future... A Forum is about Users helping Users, it's not always one-direction...

Your Question in this current Thread has already been asked and answered in-depth several times, so if you search the Forum a bit (oh, and it's actually in the Wiki as well), you'll find the Answer... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
macrodude

Post by macrodude » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 am

chivracq wrote:
macrodude wrote:I tried to open 2 Firefox windows but when I ran the same macro on another "client" it froze the first Firefox and won't work. Is there a way I can run the same iMacros script on multiple Firefoxes?
CIM...! :mrgreen:

Don't you notice that you, nearly each time you ask a new Question, don't get any Replies (as you never mention your Full Config) and if you do get some Replies, you don't follow up on your Threads and don't answer anymore the Questions that I have asked you in the past and you don't bother to come back for a mini-thank you? Or if you managed to find the Solution, you can post it for other Users in the future... A Forum is about Users helping Users, it's not always one-direction...

Your Question in this current Thread has already been asked and answered in-depth several times, so if you search the Forum a bit (oh, and it's actually in the Wiki as well), you'll find the Answer... :idea:
I don't know. Why bother typing up this when you could spend less time searching it for me if you know much better than me that this question may have already existed. You do realize that I don't have much experience in this forum right? Also, the search interface is a little bit hard to see since I rarely go on here.

If you're gonna help then please try to find a thread that is similar to this. Thanks.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:00 am

macrodude wrote:I don't know. Why bother typing up this when you could spend less time searching it for me if you know much better than me that this question may have already existed. You do realize that I don't have much experience in this forum right? Also, the search interface is a little bit hard to see since I rarely go on here.

If you're gonna help then please try to find a thread that is similar to this. Thanks.
Okay, you didn't understand much of what I meant, it's about "Forum Etiquette", not about "Experience", and you are not a Newbie anymore on this Forum...
And follow up on your Threads..., you still have several open Threads waiting for months for an Answer / more Info / Thank you / Final Solution from you...

Don't be so lazy and read the Forum Rules and search the Forum and the Wiki... And post your Findings and your Solution in the end. Good luck anyway...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi macrodude,

The answer is Firefox Profile manager ("firefox.exe" -P)

This will work with any version of Firefox and any version of iMacros. I use it for more than seven years now, I 've never encountered a problem.
You'll find more information here : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles

Skippyto.