How to connect a SSH from iMacros for Firefox?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dobetter

How to connect a SSH from iMacros for Firefox?

Post by dobetter » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:29 am

I want to connect a SSH (or telnet) from iMacros ,and run some code,can anyone help me ?

Thanks very much!
chivracq

Re: How to connect a SSH from iMacros for Firefox?

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:05 am

dobetter wrote:I want to connect a SSH (or telnet) from iMacros ,and run some code,can anyone help me ?

Thanks very much!
Pfff, CIM...! :mrgreen:

Read the Forum Rules and give more details... But iMacros is for Web-Automation in the Browser, I don't think what you want if possible from iMacros, unless you use some kind of Plugin...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Wow ! what an ambitious project !

As there exists (as far as i know) no XPCOM object for ssh in firefox, you'll have to create your own one or find some on the web like https://code.google.com/p/pythonext/

Another solution which is quite different would be using iMacros for filling the fields of a web based ssh client.

Good luck !

Skippyto.
split

Post by split » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:15 pm

As far as i can see Firefox + Imacro addon can run in Xvfb on a DigitalOcean just with a ssh remote connection - and -- well - some way to dump some images to see it all is working well.

see
https://github.com/GregM/xvfb-screenshots
for a similar setup

It seems like the selenium addon and the flash plugin can be installed on ubuntu BESIDE the firefox - but the iMacro-addon has to be installed INSIDE the firefox.

Does anyone have experience doing this the best way ?

EDIT ( a day later): Firefox itself has the option:
-install-global-extension /path/to/extension