Error when trying to access a csv file

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom Allen

Error when trying to access a csv file

Post by Tom Allen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:28 am

iMacro Version: 8820413
Operating System: Windows 8.1 English
Browser: Firefox 32.0.3

Hi I am having a little trouble getting my iMacro to work and would really appreciate any assistance.

I have a csv file called test.csv which is located on my desktop ‪C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\test.csv

I need to open Google and then paste in a value from the first column of the csv file starting on row 2.

However I seem to keep running in to the following error.
NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH: Component returned failure code: 0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH) [nsILocalFile.initWithPath], line 4 (Error code: -1001)

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

SET !DATASOURCE ‪C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\test.csv
'Number of columns in the CSV file. This must be accurate!
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
'Start at line 2 to skip the header in the file
SET !LOOP 2
'Increase the current position in the file with each loop 
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}

URL GOTO=http://www.google.com/search?q={{!COL1}}
I'm not sure what could be going wrong.
Last edited by Tom Allen on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
GAuteng

Re: Error when trying to access a csv file

Post by GAuteng » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Everytime Firefox updates itself this problem seems to re occur its some sort of bug I guess I have tried updating the add in assuming that someone at I macro is aware the " set database " command does not work anymore .. I had to revert to the IE add in which I have to use to record because it comes up with " text activated" and does not record a field unsure how to get over that one I believe there is a fix in saving the csv file as a different type . or revert back to a older version (29) and make sure it does not auto update. Surprising that this has not been resolved really because the extension to me is basically unusable for form filling
Tom Allen

Post by Tom Allen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Thank you for the reply. I just downloaded the IE version and tried using that and it worked fine using my code. So it looks like you're right that there is a bug in the current version of the Firefox addon.

I'm sure they're aware of it but I'm going to submit a support ticket anyway to try and bring it to their attention.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:07 pm

The easy Fix is to resave your .CSV File in Notepad with UTF-8 (with BOM) Encoding. Notice it will add 3 Bytes to the Size of your File...

And yep, even Demo-Loop with 'Adress.csv' exhibits the Problem at each Update of iMacros for FF...

And BTW, I would be surprised if you are still at v7.5, it's maybe 3 years old now...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom Allen

Post by Tom Allen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks I'll test resaving my files in Notpad. but for what I am trying to use it for that's not really ideal. They're automatically created by another program and there are really too many for me to go through and save them manually again.

Oh yeah sorry I was using some code I found from another site. It turns out I'm actually using 10.1.25.8883
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Tom Allen wrote:Thanks I'll test resaving my files in Notpad. but for what I am trying to use it for that's not really ideal. They're automatically created by another program and there are really too many for me to go through and save them manually again.

Oh yeah sorry I was using some code I found from another site. It turns out I'm actually using 10.1.25.8883
Then you should make sure that your Files are created with UTF-8 with BOM Encoding from your "other Program"... It's not iMacros but FF that forces the use of UTF-8 Encoding...
Or you can convert them all using a Batch File, there is a DOS Command to convert Files to UTF-8...

v10.1.25.8883 is not a FF Version but an IE Version..., current FF Version is v8.8.2...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tom Allen

Post by Tom Allen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up. The csv file I was testing out was one I had created within Excel, I hadn't tried the other files created automatically by my other program yet because I assumed they would be the same as the one I created for testing.

Because of what you have been suggesting I just checked the settings for my other program and there is a use BOM option for CSV export. I just tested them out and they work in Firefox. Thank you for the advice.

I hadn't actually considered using a Batch File to convert them but I'm sure I can use that bit of knowledge in the future.

You're right, I had just looked in the #Current.iim imacro from my firefox addon but it must have been code synced over from IE.

My firefox addon version is 8820413
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:47 am

Tom Allen wrote:Thanks for the heads up. The csv file I was testing out was one I had created within Excel, I hadn't tried the other files created automatically by my other program yet because I assumed they would be the same as the one I created for testing.

Because of what you have been suggesting I just checked the settings for my other program and there is a use BOM option for CSV export. I just tested them out and they work in Firefox. Thank you for the advice.

I hadn't actually considered using a Batch File to convert them but I'm sure I can use that bit of knowledge in the future.

You're right, I had just looked in the #Current.iim imacro from my firefox addon but it must have been code synced over from IE.

My firefox addon version is 8820413
:D

(Compliments on your Follow-up and the nice and friendly way you do it...)
GAuteng

Post by GAuteng » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Tom, I downloaded firefox 29 yesterday had no issues, I to cannot save as the UTF file. The only thing is you have to edit the auto upgrade option in fox but honestly some of the new features like expiring " sensitive pages" does not do it for me ...

this file can be found at http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_ ... ad-section

Developer
Mozilla Foundation
Selected Version
Firefox 29.0.1
Supported Systems
Legacy OS support
Windows 95, 98, Me (Firefox 2), 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8
License
Open Source
Release Date
09 May, 2014 (5 months ago )
Tom Allen

Post by Tom Allen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:44 pm

chivracq wrote: (Compliments on your Follow-up and the nice and friendly way you do it...)
No problem, I think it's important to show a bit of appreciation when someone helps you, especially on a forum like this.
Tom Allen

Post by Tom Allen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 pm

GAuteng wrote:Tom, I downloaded firefox 29 yesterday had no issues, I to cannot save as the UTF file. The only thing is you have to edit the auto upgrade option in fox but honestly some of the new features like expiring " sensitive pages" does not do it for me ...

this file can be found at http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_ ... ad-section

Developer
Mozilla Foundation
Selected Version
Firefox 29.0.1
Supported Systems
Legacy OS support
Windows 95, 98, Me (Firefox 2), 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8
License
Open Source
Release Date
09 May, 2014 (5 months ago )

Thanks for providing another alternative option.