How to delete all browser history?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lumer8

How to delete all browser history?

Post by lumer8 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 am

The CLEAR command clears all cookies and cache, how do i delete the browser history.
Is it even possible with imacros, i was thinking maybe theres a firefox addon that automatically deletes history when you open a new tab, that would work as well.
Any help would be appreciated.

BTW im using firefox 32 , imacros 8.3
chivracq

Re: How to delete all browser history?

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:42 am

lumer8 wrote:The CLEAR command clears all cookies and cache, how do i delete the browser history.
Is it even possible with imacros, i was thinking maybe theres a firefox addon that automatically deletes history when you open a new tab, that would work as well.
Any help would be appreciated.

BTW im using firefox 32 , imacros 8.3
I manage to call the Browser History using the EVENT Mode on iMacros for FF with 'Ctrl^Shift^h', but then I cannot interact with the 'Library' Window at all. ('Ctrl^a' + 'Del' are thrown at the Tab (and the Web Page I started the Macro from...)

Code: Select all

'Launch Full History ('Ctrl^Shift^h'):
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS CHAR="h" MODIFIERS="ctrl,shift"
'Select All ('Ctrl^a'): // Not working, selects the whole Page on the Tab the Macro was launched from...
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS CHAR="a" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
'Press 'Delete' Key: // Not working on the Library Window...
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS KEY=46
iMacros is not meant to interact with the DOM...

You may/should be able to compile a mini AutoIt Executable performing that Action which you could call from iMacros with a Shortcut using the EVENT Mode and 'External Application Buttons'..., but that's a bit cumbersome...
I don't about any Add-ons clearing History...
Starting your Browser in Private Mode...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...