Possible to run script from desktop?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lumer8

Possible to run script from desktop?

Post by lumer8 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:46 pm

I seen the demo that allows you to run a javascript file from the desktop to open an imacros in firefox, but i want to input my javascript/imacros in the javascript desktop file and not have to call upon an imacros script in firefox, is that possible? That way i can turn the js imacros file into an exe.
additional001

Re: Possible to run script from desktop?

Post by additional001 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:00 am

Given that you mentioned exe files I'm going to assume you are working on MS Windows machine. The short answer to your first question is yes it is possible. Is it as easy as calling iim code in a iMacros .js file? Absolutely not.

Can you turn it into an exe? No. JavaScript is a scripting language. It's not meant to be compiled. I think what you are thinking about is Java which shares similar syntax but is serves completely different purposes.