Extracting Content from <div>

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jakob1379

Extracting Content from <div>

Post by jakob1379 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Hey there. I know there are tons of topics like this out there, though they doesn't seem to work for my specific case:
To ease my job (a lot), I would like iMacros to extract a few things for me, but I can't get it to work. Then text inside of the two tabs "Produkt information" (product information) and "Teknisk Data" (Specifications). I found half a solution, by running a javascript, which work as I expectected (though it's in the console, and I can't get it to run in iMacros either), but that only prompts the extracted information, and doesn't save it for filling forms later.

So what I'm asking for, is a solution which is capable of extracting the text and saves it in a variable for using in filling my forms.

The site I will extract information from: http://www.monacor.dk/produkter/pa-fors ... nr/250470/

The javascript a friend made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eodv9blcxas2q ... ic.js?dl=0
additional001

Re: Extracting Content from <div>

Post by additional001 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:12 pm

jakob1379 wrote: So what I'm asking for, is a solution which is capable of extracting the text and saves it in a variable for using in filling my forms.
I can think of two methods of doing this. Well three actually but two of them are similiar. First I have a question though. The answer to the question would determine (for me) how I would go about doing this.

This data that you need to fill in to other forms once it is extracted; Do you need this short-long term? That is to say do you need to extract it and immediately fill (an)other form(s) and be done with it or do you need to fill other forms periodically?