TAB OPEN opens 2 tabs

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Thrynir

TAB OPEN opens 2 tabs

Post by Thrynir » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:07 am

Hi,

I little issue with OPEN TAB and when you launch it with a tab already open at right, an another tab is open.
Macros run fine and on CLOSE TAB, tab opened by imacro is closing, but the other tab is not closed.

To reproduce, open 2 tabs and on the left tab execute :
TAB T=1
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1

on imacro 8.8.7

Regards,
additional001

Re: TAB OPEN opens 2 tabs

Post by additional001 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:23 am

I don't get the point of your post? Is this somehow a problem for you? Are you just posting it to let everyone else know? You are just sort of putting information out there with no question in your OP.
Thrynir

Post by Thrynir » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:36 pm

I post it as a bug report ....
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi !

Where is the bug ?

TAB OPEN open a new tab, TAB CLOSE close the active TAB, TAB=position of the tab set focus on the asked tab ... I don't see the issue.

What do want to do ?

If you just want to go on the second tab, just use TAB T=2 instead opening an new one.

If you want to open a third tab and get focus on it, just do a TAB OPEN and go to the third TAB (TAB T=3)

Maybe you shoould use TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS (http://wiki.imacros.net/TAB) at the begining of your macro.

Skippyto.
Thrynir

Post by Thrynir » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:43 pm

On some condition (as explain before), if you do TAB OPEN it opens 2 tabs, not only one.
That is a bug for me. Not important but sometime annoying ...
additional001

Post by additional001 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:49 pm

If you include a TAB OPEN and your browser is set to open links in new tab it probably would open 2 tabs. It's probably not a bug. It just sounds like to me you don't need a TAB OPEN line you just need to TAB T=n to the correct tab line.

I think and I could be wrong here but the only time you really need to use TAB OPEN is right before a URL GOTO line if you want to open a link in a new tab.

If you are following a TAG line it's probably you only need to use a TAB T=# because it will open a new tab.

It sounds also like you are manually opening tabs. If this is the case of course iMacro's is going to get confused. It's going to follow a set of instructions. It's not going to automagically know that you opened two tabs to start with. This is why there is a !CLOSEALLTABS option so that the macros knows it's starting from left to right and tab1 and up.