Can Social Media Sites detect imacros

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Can Social Media Sites detect imacros

by mepooooo on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:08 am

Hello Gyes,
Its my first post here:)
What do you think, can biggest social media site like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest detect the imacro?
In my case i am interesting for Pinterest.
I have on Pinterest several accounts and just want to save my time posting content from my sites by myself, but i am afraid if they can detect atomation and ban my accounts :?
Please for help :D
mepooooo

Re: Can Social Media Sites detect imacros

by chivracq on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:24 am

mepooooo wrote:Hello Gyes,
Its my first post here:)
What do you think, can biggest social media site like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest detect the imacro?
In my case i am interesting for Pinterest.
I have on Pinterest several accounts and just want to save my time posting content from my sites by myself, but i am afraid if they can detect atomation and ban my accounts :?
Please for help :D

Only securing Post... 8)

(Never replied because of "CIM" (read my Sig...), still wondering why you decided to post in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum btw... as your Thread didn't have anything specific to FF only I would think, especially if you didn't even mention your FCI..., oops...!), but/and I don't help for Social Media anyway...)

>>>

But hum, your original Qt was still a bit interesting though... I think there are (or were..., as your OP is now from about 2 years ago, and you never bumped it...) already a few Threads about the "Discussion" on the Forum... And it's indeed a "Discussion", there is no way a Web-Site can with Certainty assess that you are using an iMacros Script, unless your Script is running from iMB (which has its specific "iMB" User Agent). [iMB = iMacros Browser]

But tja...!, any Web-Site Owner can find it a bit "suspicious" if some User manages to produce 10 Clicks on one Page within 1 sec, ah-ah...!, got the "Picture"...!? :twisted:
I think I can avoid all Detection "Tricks"/"Techniques" myself (and I've never-ever seen any implemented btw, apart from UA-Check, and Captcha of course..., hum and some Buttons/Elements that only get activated/enabled after some "manual" Typing and the 'TAG' Mode indeed sometimes fails to activate those Elements, the 'EVENT' Mode (now implemented for all Browsers, was not the case when you opened this current Thread => FCI relevant...!) then usually works fine in such Cases...), but on the other hand I think I would be able to assert with 99% Certainty if some (regular/recurring) User on my Site is using a Script... 8)
But for most Users, a few Random 'WAIT' Statements of a few Seconds between different Actions in a Script should be able to make your Script look like it's "Human"... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox