Proxy Authentication Prompt

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
groundfalling

Proxy Authentication Prompt

Post by groundfalling » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:04 am

Hi,
Im using Firefox 36.0.4 with imacros 8.9.2 when i try to access this site https://play.spotify.com/ using:
proxy address={{!col1}}:{{!col2}}
onlogin user={{!col3}} password={{!col4}}
the "Authentication Required" prompt keeps poping up again and again. No matter i remember the password in firefox or no matter whichever setting i use on firefox the "Authentication Required" keeps appearing.
It does not seem to happen when any other url is accessed. Is there a way to stop this in imacros?
I have seen this
ONLOGIN USER=username PASSWORD=password RETRY=[YES|NO]
but RETRY does not support firefox. Any other solution would be much appreciated. Thanks
chivracq

Re: Proxy Authentication Prompt

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:20 pm

groundfalling wrote:Hi,
Im using Firefox 36.0.4 with imacros 8.9.2 when i try to access this site https://play.spotify.com/ using:

Code: Select all

proxy address={{!col1}}:{{!col2}}
onlogin user={{!col3}} password={{!col4}}
the "Authentication Required" prompt keeps poping up again and again. No matter i remember the password in firefox or no matter whichever setting i use on firefox the "Authentication Required" keeps appearing.
It does not seem to happen when any other url is accessed. Is there a way to stop this in imacros?
I have seen this

ONLOGIN USER=username PASSWORD=password RETRY=[YES|NO] 
but RETRY does not support firefox. Any other solution would be much appreciated. Thanks
If I try to record (in Standard Mode) the Authentication on this Site, I don't see any 'ONLOGIN' Syntax but the "Classic" Login and Password Syntax:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://play.spotify.com/

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:has-account
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:sp-login-form ATTR=ID:login-usr CONTENT=johnnydep
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:sp-login-form ATTR=ID:login-pass CONTENT=mypassword
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:sp-login-form ATTR=TXT:Login
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v24.6.2 (=FF31), Win7-x64.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:16 pm

@chivracq thank you for your response. but my question was regarding using the proxy. when i use a proxy address to access this site, i keep getting "Authentication Required" popup.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:09 pm

groundfalling wrote:@chivracq thank you for your response. but my question was regarding using the proxy. when i use a proxy address to access this site, i keep getting "Authentication Required" popup.
Oh, yes-yes-yes!, you're right, sorry, it's just that I don't use Proxies so I'm not really used to them, or I've only experienced with (Free) Proxies which were set from some FF Add-on and didn't require Authentication...

OK, don't know what to say, if you have one (or more) URL('s) for your Proxy/ies, I can have a look, maybe playing with mini-WAIT Statements... But I've never had to use/play with 'ONLOGIN', so I don't know more than you...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi !

Try doing your authentication with autoauth addon (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /autoauth/) instead of doing it in iMacros.

(another (bad) solution is to put several ONLOGIN lines before your url calls)

Skippyto.
groundfalling

Post by groundfalling » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:43 pm

i did try autoauth addon, it doesn't help, still the prompt keeps poping up.
skippyto wrote:Hi !

Try doing your authentication with autoauth addon (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /autoauth/) instead of doing it in iMacros.

(another (bad) solution is to put several ONLOGIN lines before your url calls)

Skippyto.
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 am

Hi !

Did you make a manual authentication after you've installed the addon ?

Skippyto.