Macros Wont Play or Record

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
vlt06

Macros Wont Play or Record

Post by vlt06 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi Guys,

having an issue where at times iMacros wont either play or record macros etc...

Each time this happens I have to spend hours installing and uninstalling firefox and imacros plugin to get it working. Such a pain.

The error I am getting is "TypeError: iMacros.player is undefined, line 1 (Error code: -991)"

Any idea what this actually means???

Any help much appreciated!
chivracq

Re: Macros Wont Play or Record

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:18 pm

vlt06 wrote:Hi Guys,

having an issue where at times iMacros wont either play or record macros etc...

Each time this happens I have to spend hours installing and uninstalling firefox and imacros plugin to get it working. Such a pain.

The error I am getting is "TypeError: iMacros.player is undefined, line 1 (Error code: -991)"

Any idea what this actually means???

Any help much appreciated!
I see you are online probably checking if sbd answered your Thread... Nope...! :twisted:
=> Read the Forum Rules (and my Sig) if you want to keep the hope for any Answer (from me at least)... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Tue May 03, 2016 8:20 am

In case someone else gets this issue at some point

I was getting this same error today and simply a reinstall of the FF plugin solved it for me

Win7 and the FF plugin for FF46
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue May 03, 2016 1:35 pm

IrishMacro wrote:In case someone else gets this issue at some point

I was getting this same error today and simply a reinstall of the FF plugin solved it for me

Win7 and the FF plugin for FF46
Yep, sounds logical, and "FF plugin" will be v8.9.7 which is the only Version at this moment working on FF46 but the Pb could be a bit different as the OP mentioned "Each time this happens I have to spend hours installing and uninstalling firefox and imacros plugin to get it working. Such a pain.", meaning the Pb was re-happening regularly, but they didn't bother to follow up on the Thread and to mention their FCI, so I didn't do any Digging at that time...
June 2015, I guess it was around FF40 and v8.9.2 or maybe still v8.8.8.

@IrishMacro, I'll be curious to hear if you get the Pb again and again like the OP, which I don't hope for you, of course...! (I've never encountered it myself..., but I mainly use an older Version: v8.8.2 on Pale Moon v24.6.2 (+Win7-x64) and PM v26.1.1 (+Win10-x64).)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...