Authentication issue since FF 38.0.1

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Authentication issue since FF 38.0.1

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:04 am

rstancuna wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:18 pm
It's an internal website so can't make it public (also only accessible from a certain ip), but macro has just ONLOGIN and URL GOTO . Testing it in Current.iim , main thing would be to add it to my javascript macro but still won't login.

Code: Select all

ONLOGIN USER=****** PASSWORD=******
URL GOTO=https://XXXXXX/XXX

Code: Select all

macro="CODE:";
macro+="ONLOGIN USER=****** PASSWORD=******"+"\n";
macro+="URL GOTO=https://XXXXXX/XXX"+"\n"
iimPlay(macro);
Have you tried adding a small delay (WAIT SECONDS=2) after the URL GOTO? Perhaps the macro is terminating before it has a chance to 'see' and handle the dialog.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
rstancuna

Post by rstancuna » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:58 am

Added waiting time after every command but it doesn't get to the last WAIT SECONDS command since it's waiting for page load which will only load after submitting proper user and pass
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Waterfox 56.2, iMacros V8.9.7 on Windows
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi rstancuna,

Thank you for the additional information. I confirmed that ONLOGIN does not work with legacy iMacros for Firefox and later versions of pre-Quantum Firefox (I only tested as far back as Firefox 52.9 and it does not work in that version either). Unfortunately, we do not provide fixes or updates for older/legacy versions of iMacros.

It does work with iMacros for Firefox 10 in Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57 and later).
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
rstancuna

Post by rstancuna » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Thank you for the update. If possible, please update the wiki with a note stating that it does not work with legacy iMacros.
Waterfox 56.2, iMacros V8.9.7 on Windows
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:23 am

No problem, I added a note here, and confirmed that it stopped working with the release of Firefox 51.0. So, if you are willing to downgrade your Firefox to v50.1, you can continue using legacy iMacros for Firefox with the ONLOGIN command.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:23 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:23 am
No problem, I added a note here, and confirmed that it stopped working with the release of Firefox
Very good! :)
Tom, Tech Support wrote:
51.0. So, if you are willing to downgrade your Firefox to v50.1, you can continue using legacy iMacros for Firefox with the ONLOGIN command.
Better Pale Moon, Waterfox (v56.x) or Basilisk with security/bugfix updates than old firefox v50.1. All firefox-based with XPCOM (XPI). :idea:
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
No problem, I added a note here, and confirmed that it stopped working with the release of Firefox 51.0. So, if you are willing to downgrade your Firefox to v50.1, you can continue using legacy iMacros for Firefox with the ONLOGIN command.
Hum..., 2nd Command that FF v51.0 had broken... (from v8.9.7 for FF): The 'FILTER' Command also got broken and rendered useless with/from FF v51.0. (I have reported it several times already, but never got "acknowledged"...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:48 pm

chivracq wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm
Hum..., 2nd Command that FF v51.0 had broken... (from v8.9.7 for FF): The 'FILTER' Command also got broken and rendered useless with/from FF v51.0. (I have reported it several times already, but never got "acknowledged"...)
Sorry we missed that when you first reported it.
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Issue was reported by chivracq very soon after the release of Firefox that broke this functionality.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:48 pm
chivracq wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm
Sorry we missed that when you first reported it.
Euh...!?, Post edited, ah-ah...!:
"Yeah, we are not very likely going to chase down breaking changes in older versions of iMacros due to browser releases. We simply don't have the time or resources to do that and need to give priority to current versions." :wink:
=> Yeah-yeah, I know, but that Command has been broken since that FF Version, and hum, my Mistake actually, it was actually still working in FF51, but "only" got broken in FF52 or FF53, and has always remained broken since... And the "easy Solution" was to not support it anymore in v10.0.2 for FF, ah-ah...! OK, fair enough...! :wink:

And yep indeed, I had reported it directly as soon as I had found about it:
- 'FILTER TYPE=IMAGES' crashes FF53/54...! (June 2017)
It is also listed in my List of EnhReq's, Item_15 about 'FILTER'..., and I must have mentioned it numerous times in nearly all Threads from the last 2 years related to 'FILTER'...

Pity it's not supported anymore (or got broken by FF), that's one of the Reasons I'm still staying @ v8.8.2 for FF on PM v26.3.3 for my "Prod" Env.... :oops:
I have some Workarounds, but the Toggle is not easy... (and slow)...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...