ONLOGIN/ONDIALOG not canceling - macro waits for user

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
automate*

ONLOGIN/ONDIALOG not canceling - macro waits for user

Post by automate* » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Hello,

I am using JavaScript and iMacros to check links in my company's web application. If a dialog box or login dialog appears, I want the script to cancel out of it and move on to the next link. There are too many different links for me to know in advance what they will be, so I need the script to just cancel out of any dialog, no matter what it is. I've tried ONLOGIN and ONDIALOG, but they are not working for at least one link I've identified.

I am using iMacros for Firefox (version 40.0.2) on Windows 7
VERSION BUILD=8920312 RECORDER=FX

My script is long, but to recreate this issue I created a small macro with the one problem link I've identified so far:
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 6
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=
ONLOGIN USER=username PASSWORD=password
URL GOTO=http://infoweb.newsbank.com/cgi-bin/wel ... place=AUSB

Since the idea is to just cancel out of the dialog, I am using dummy username and password. I actually thought this worked the first time I included the ONLOGIN command in the script, but I can't seem to recreate it.

According to the documentation it seems RETRY=NO doesn't work in FF.

I did search for and find several posts with similar problems, but no solutions.

Thank you
chivracq

Re: ONLOGIN/ONDIALOG not canceling - macro waits for user

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:08 pm

automate* wrote:Hello,

I am using JavaScript and iMacros to check links in my company's web application. If a dialog box or login dialog appears, I want the script to cancel out of it and move on to the next link. There are too many different links for me to know in advance what they will be, so I need the script to just cancel out of any dialog, no matter what it is. I've tried ONLOGIN and ONDIALOG, but they are not working for at least one link I've identified.

I am using iMacros for Firefox (version 40.0.2) on Windows 7
VERSION BUILD=8920312 RECORDER=FX

My script is long, but to recreate this issue I created a small macro with the one problem link I've identified so far:

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 6
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=
ONLOGIN USER=username PASSWORD=password	
URL GOTO=http://infoweb.newsbank.com/cgi-bin/welcome/lookup.pl/?db=AWNB&s_sources=location&d_place=AUSB
Since the idea is to just cancel out of the dialog, I am using dummy username and password. I actually thought this worked the first time I included the ONLOGIN command in the script, but I can't seem to recreate it.

According to the documentation it seems RETRY=NO doesn't work in FF.

I did search for and find several posts with similar problems, but no solutions.

Thank you
Yep, known Issue with 'ONLOGIN' since FF38 breaking this Functionality with iMacros for FF v8.9.2.
Related/similar Threads:
- Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!
- Authentication issue since FF 38.0.1

You have a Workaround in the 2nd Thread using some FF Add-on to handle Logins, though I'm not sure it will be useful in your case...
Another Workaround would be to use Pale Moon instead of plain FF, I use PM v24.6.2 with iMacros for FF v8.8.2 (on Win7-x64) and your Script works fine.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:35 pm

We just pushed out a new version of iMacros for Fireofx (v8.9.3) that fixes this issue. It will eventually be published in the official Firefox add-on repository, or you can download it now from our archive at:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
automate*

Post by automate* » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks, Tom! I look forward to trying it out. Thanks chivracq, too, for responding right away with the links, which were helpful. Since I'm distributing this script to many employees, I need it to play well with the Firefox version that they have installed, so I'm hoping this latest version does the trick.
cheeksimacros

Post by cheeksimacros » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi, I had the same log in issues with onlogin and the 8.9.3 version fixed it, however within the same macro i have a "prompt" command and its showing up in error. The error is: " -1450" which is "No Dialog Handler: The Dialog Manager detected a dialog, but the handler for this dialog type is not enabled. Missing command ON...DIALOG. (Only from Scripting Interface)". It seems to be ignoring that its prompt and handling it as a dialog. I confirmed that 8.9.3 fixed the issue by removing the prompt line and it worked but i need the prompt to work as well.

I'm currently on Firefox 39.0.3.

Not sure if i should post this here as its related or a new thread.

For testing purposes to recreate the issue, i was able to get the same error using the "ArchivePage.iim" in the demo-firefox folder.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:32 am

Hi cheeksimacros,

Thanks for reporting the issue with the PROMPT command! I'm sorry we let this one slip by in our haste to push out a fix for the ONLOGIN/ONDIALOG issue. I've alerted the dev team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 am

cheeksimacros wrote:Hi, I had the same log in issues with onlogin and the 8.9.3 version fixed it, however within the same macro i have a "prompt" command and its showing up in error. The error is: " -1450" which is "No Dialog Handler: The Dialog Manager detected a dialog, but the handler for this dialog type is not enabled. Missing command ON...DIALOG. (Only from Scripting Interface)". It seems to be ignoring that its prompt and handling it as a dialog. I confirmed that 8.9.3 fixed the issue by removing the prompt line and it worked but i need the prompt to work as well.
iMacros 8.9.4 fixes this issue and is currently available for download from the iMacros Wiki.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support