Inactive iMacros interface

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
radu256

Re: Inactive iMacros interface

Post by radu256 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Finally I managed to run Imacros. I installed FF 42.0 and I transferred profile from FF dev edition 44.0a2 and it's working! Seems that FF Dev edition is the problem. I have installed latest two imacros versions (9.0.0a10 and 8.9.4 and NOT in the same time!)and both work just fine. I used same Supplements on both versions of FF.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:05 pm

radu256 wrote:Finally I managed to run Imacros. I installed FF 42.0 and I transferred profile from FF dev edition 44.0a2 and it's working! Seems that FF Dev edition is the problem. I have installed latest two imacros versions (9.0.0a10 and 8.9.4 and NOT in the same time!)and both work just fine. I used same Supplements on both versions of FF.
OK, good to hear, but euh, this doesn't rime with:
15- Your FF42 Portable Install was a "clean" Install...? You didn't copy your existing FF Profile...? Some other Add-on could be interfering otherwise.
=> Clean install, I also disabled all others Add-ons and I have the same result
But I'm a bit lost now, if I understand you correctly, you say/said that:
- FF44 Dev Profile on FF44 Dev + iMacros for FF v8.9.4: Not working.
- FF42 Portable Profile on FF42 Portable (Clean Install) + v8.9.4: Not working. => I would have expected that one to work...!
- FF44 Dev Profile on FF42 + v8.9.4 || v9.0: Working.

And I tested (Most Common Config at this moment):
- FF42 Profile (Update from FF41) on FF42 (Update from FF41) + v8.9.4: Working.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
radu256

Post by radu256 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:11 pm

I checked again installed iMacros 8.9.4 in FF42.0 portable and now it's working. One strange thing: I can run in parallel FF42.0 and FF Dev edition but I cannot run FF portable with any desktop FF in the same time. Maybe portable FF take some properties from installed FF ...

Now I have another issue, in FF42.0 I have to push iMacros 9.0.0a10 icon to show iMacros interface every time I open FF.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:25 am

radu256 wrote:I checked again installed iMacros 8.9.4 in FF42.0 portable and now it's working. One strange thing: I can run in parallel FF42.0 and FF Dev edition but I cannot run FF portable with any desktop FF in the same time. Maybe portable FF take some properties from installed FF ...

Now I have another issue, in FF42.0 I have to push iMacros 9.0.0a10 icon to show iMacros interface every time I open FF.
OK, mini-Reply to let you know that I saw your Reply, but don't worry, I always see all Posts on the Forum, I'm Mod, so I check them all... (And posting a Reply is a way as well for myself to know that I saw the Thread (and replied to it if required)...)

But OK, so I was a bit right about "Clean Install" for FF42, Dev Version or not...
TechSupport don't like Dev Versions that much, never tested they say, and anyway since about one Year, nearly every new Version of FF broke iMacros for FF, it's nearly a Miracle that iOpus/Ipswitch continues to maintain the Free Add-on for FF to get it up and working again and again after each and every change of FF...
(That's a bit as well why I stick to iMacros for FF v8.8.2 on Pale Moon v24.6.2 (+ Win7-x64), (hum, even if FF has a bad Pb with Memory Leaks, so I prefer to use PM...), I do install other/later/latest Versions in other Configs to keep up a bit with the Current FCI's for most Users but that's my own best/optimized Config, and the one I would (still) advise anybody who wants to stg serious with iMacros...)
radu256 wrote:Now I have another issue, in FF42.0 I have to push iMacros 9.0.0a10 icon to show iMacros interface every time I open FF.
Yep, I think it's a known Pb, there are already a few Threads about that, Icon not visible... Beta-Beta...! Oops...!

I'm already happy I became Mod of the Forum (a few weeks ago), and they (TechSupport/Dev) don't push new Versions anymore directly to Prod, I think Thanks to me, I complained a few times already in the past...
I wait until they "promote" me to "official" Alpha/Beta-Tester, I would pull out 90% of such Bugs easily even before a Beta-Release gets euh... released...!, by just running it on my Scripts, even if I don't use all Commands in iMacros, but if I know what was changed, I can always add some little Tests...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
radu256

Post by radu256 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:40 am

Thanks civracq for your support and time! Keep up the good work! If you need to test something in win10 I can help.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:59 am

radu256 wrote:Thanks civracq for your support and time! Keep up the good work! If you need to test something in win10 I can help.
Yep, no Pb, always glad to help (thankful Users)... And don't worry, I really enjoy the time I spend on the Forum..., even when/if it's too often for bashing "Stupido" (mostly New) Users, and Thanks for your Win10 Offer, I will soon have a (VM) Win10 Machine, and I always prefer to do my Tests by myself, I never publish all my Techniques/Tricks, though I published 2 this week that I was keeping for myself until the right moment...
(Search my recent Posts if you are curious, one was about using a HTML Page instead of a .CSV as a DataSource if you need to search the whole Content of a (previously saved) .CSV File (very powerful Technique, honestly...!), and euh, I've forgotten about the other one..., oops...!)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Some other User with a similar Pb:
- HELP - Imacros FireFox 44.0b1 frozen/locked
twilson37

Post by twilson37 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:23 am

I am having the same problem.
iMacros for firefox 8.9.4
Browser: firefox 44.0b1
Nothing responding to click.
Can't record, can't play, can't edit, Demos don't work.
Nothing happens when I click Help or Settings.
This just started today.
Rebooted the Laptop.
Reinstalled iMacros a couple of times.
Any help appreciated.
twilson37

Post by twilson37 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:29 am

Ignore my previous post. This must be moderated? I don't see it listed yet. I rolled back to FF 43 from FF 44.0b1 and it works fine.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:08 pm

twilson37 wrote:I am having the same problem.

Code: Select all

iMacros for firefox 8.9.4
Browser: firefox 44.0b1
Nothing responding to click.
Can't record, can't play, can't edit, Demos don't work.
Nothing happens when I click Help or Settings.
This just started today.
Rebooted the Laptop.
Reinstalled iMacros a couple of times.
Any help appreciated.
twilson37 wrote:Ignore my previous post. This must be moderated? I don't see it listed yet. I rolled back to FF 43 from FF 44.0b1 and it works fine.
Yep indeed, but don't worry, I've approved both, your (both) Post(s) is/are very relevant, the more Users report the same Pb, the more likely it is that TechSup/Dev will undertake some "Action"...! 8)

=> I would encourage as well other Users encountering the same Issue and who find this Thread to post as well in this Thread (or in the other related/similar Thread), no need to create new Threads...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:46 pm

One more User encountering the same Issue as well (and 3rd Thread about the same Pb...):
- iMacros stop responding in Firefox
(Even if FCI is a bit unclear at this moment, as they mention using v8.8.7, but that might be a mistake...)
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:18 pm

This issue is fixed. For more details please see this post:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 987#p66987

Mathias
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:23 am

Tech Support wrote:This issue is fixed. For more details please see this post:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 987#p66987

Mathias
Hum, that will be good news for several Users...! :D

Quoting TechSupport's Msg (well, actually a Msg from the iOpus Big-Boss and Creator of iMacros...!) from the other Thread here as the other Thread is just one of the Duplicates which doesn't contain any new Info and in which I merely referred to this Current Thread which is the main Thread about this Issue...:
Tech Support wrote:Hello, this issue is fixed. iMacros was using an obsolete js construction which they seem to have finally removed in Firefox v44

The new version V8.9.6 is not yet approved by Mozilla, but you can download it already from the version page:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-8.9.6

Or: Use our shiny new iMacros Version 9.0 Beta 1

And: Happy Holidays :D

Mathias
OK, good news then, but I'm crossing my fingers as this Version is only available from the Mozilla Add-ons Gallery and has been pushed directly to Prod meaning that as soon as it's been approved by Mozilla (which usually only takes a few hours), all FF42/FF43 Users will be using it as well directly. It would have been better in my Opinion to make it Beta first for a few days as it only solves an Issue related to FF44 and only a few Users are already using FF44...

(And about the "shiny new v9.0 Beta", it seems to be not very usable at this moment, there are several Threads on the Forum about it...)
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 am

That was fast. The iMacros 8.9.6 update is approved and available as regular download:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r-firefox/

Chivracq: To my surprise, we got quite a few error reports, so more iMacros users then expected are using the Firefox beta channel. This update is supposed to be a very save fix, as it does not touch the recording and replay parts of iMacros.

About version iMacros 9.0: Yeah, we are collecting feedback at this stage and plan to release a Beta 2 early next year.
Nova6K0

Post by Nova6K0 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:44 pm

Great job, curiously 9.0b does not work in Firefox Nightly (46.0a1) but version 8.9.6 works perfectly again.

Greetings and Happy New Year to everyone. ;-)