iMacros and RAM

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Cobra99

iMacros and RAM

Post by Cobra99 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:26 am

After few minutes of running macros my RAM is full and Firefox freezes.
I dont know why, because I do easy jobs with:
Tab t=1
click on link
Tab t=2
Do somethink
Close tab
Tab t=1
click on link
Tab t=2
Do somethink
Close tab...

I cant use CLEAR command in macros because need to be logged in on some web sites.
Firefox 43.0.4
iMacros 8961227
I have only 4GB RAM, normal use of FF is on 2GB (including system), after starting sequence of macros it goes higher and higher.
Any ideas?
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)
FCIM here http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331
chivracq

Re: iMacros and RAM

Post by chivracq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:12 am

Cobra99 wrote:After few minutes of running macros my RAM is full and Firefox freezes.
I dont know why, because I do easy jobs with:

Code: Select all

Tab t=1
click on link
Tab t=2
Do somethink
Close tab
Tab t=1
click on link
Tab t=2
Do somethink
Close tab...
I cant use CLEAR command in macros because need to be logged in on some web sites.

Firefox 43.0.4
iMacros 8961227
I have only 4GB RAM, normal use of FF is on 2GB (including system), after starting sequence of macros it goes higher and higher.
Any ideas?
Hum, FF has always had Memory Leak Pb's, that's why I switched to Pale Moon about 2 years ago, but there is a least one Thread on the Forum from recently where several Users reported about extra-extra-Memory Leaks with FF and/or iMacros for FF, but only for '.js' Scripts I thought...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Cobra99

Post by Cobra99 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:27 am

Yes, I'm using .js with macrolist (about 40). The Pb starts in October 2015 I think (dono which FF version). Now I read lot of threads here and will try your setup with palemoon.
Then I'll write results here.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Cobra99 wrote:Yes, I'm using .js with macrolist (about 40). The Pb starts in October 2015 I think (dono which FF version). Now I read lot of threads here and will try your setup with palemoon.
Then I'll write results here.
Hum..., then I guess you are encountering the same Issue like in this Thread I mentioned...:
- Firefox Memory Leak
(TechSupport aware of the Pb...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
Cobra99

Post by Cobra99 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Pale Moon 25.8.1 32-bit + iMacros for FF 8.8.2.1. works good without memory leak. I tried newest FF portable, but it has the same problem.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Cobra99 wrote:Pale Moon 25.8.1 32-bit + iMacros for FF 8.8.2.1. works good without memory leak. I tried newest FF portable, but it has the same problem.
OK, good to hear, and I'm not surprised, that's why I've been using PM for more than 2 years already.

"newest" is always vague... => FF43 Portable, I reckon...

Your Config is btw interesting for me as well to know that PM25 still works fine with v8.8.2 as I stuck to PM v24.6.2, afraid that I would have to jump to the v8.8.5+ or v8.9.x Lines..., meaning I can update PM one day, as my PM v24.6.2 is still at the Level of (Security) Patches like FF31, and we are now at FF43/44/45/46, oops...!
maartinnad

Post by maartinnad » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:52 pm

chivracq wrote: Hum, FF has always had Memory Leak Pb's, that's why I switched to Pale Moon about 2 years ago, but there is a least one Thread on the Forum from recently where several Users reported about extra-extra-Memory Leaks with FF and/or iMacros for FF, but only for '.js' Scripts I thought...
I am surprised when you mentioned that this problem only exists on FF. I face the same on the iMacros Browser, Chrome and IE;

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.34209
iMacros Browser (x86) version 11.0.246.4051
------------------------------------------------------------
Auxiliary Libraries:
Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.18163
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
iMacros Direct Screen (iimds) 10.1.0.17
iimir (iimir) 6, 3, 0, 1
iMacros Image Recognition (iimIRm) 2.0.1.33
iMacros Dialog Manager (imsys) 10.0.1.0
Scripting Interface Libraries:
iMacros IE Scripting Connector (iimConnector) 10.2.0.120
iMacros FX Connector (iimFirefoxConnector) 2.0.1.12
iMacros Scripting Interface (iimInterface) 10.2.0.120
iMacros FX&Cr Scripting (imtcp) 2.1.0.34

I see the usage in my task manager starting from 100,000 K and slowly increasing towards 1,500,000 K and ends up crashing ( Out of Memory ). I have tried this with complex and simple macros but the result has always been same.

Is this normal? If yes, I'll consider PaleMoon like you have recommended in multiple threads.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:53 pm

maartinnad wrote:
chivracq wrote: Hum, FF has always had Memory Leak Pb's, that's why I switched to Pale Moon about 2 years ago, but there is a least one Thread on the Forum from recently where several Users reported about extra-extra-Memory Leaks with FF and/or iMacros for FF, but only for '.js' Scripts I thought...
I am surprised when you mentioned that this problem only exists on FF. I face the same on the iMacros Browser, Chrome and IE;

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.34209
iMacros Browser (x86) version 11.0.246.4051
Auxiliary Libraries:
Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.18163
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
iMacros Direct Screen (iimds) 10.1.0.17
iimir (iimir) 6, 3, 0, 1
iMacros Image Recognition (iimIRm) 2.0.1.33
iMacros Dialog Manager (imsys) 10.0.1.0
Scripting Interface Libraries:
iMacros IE Scripting Connector (iimConnector) 10.2.0.120
iMacros FX Connector (iimFirefoxConnector) 2.0.1.12
iMacros Scripting Interface (iimInterface) 10.2.0.120
iMacros FX&Cr Scripting (imtcp) 2.1.0.34
I see the usage in my task manager starting from 100,000 K and slowly increasing towards 1,500,000 K and ends up crashing ( Out of Memory ). I have tried this with complex and simple macros but the result has always been same.

Is this normal? If yes, I'll consider PaleMoon like you have recommended in multiple threads.
Hum..., funny you are questioning my Statement about FF and its "notorious" Memory Leaks, I was asking myself the same Question a few days ago, if the 3 other Browsers were doing any better and if I was not a bit too harsh on FF (and iMacros for FF) which by far is my favorite "Flavour" of iMacros (well, I've never used the IMB) and which actually is the only one I really use myself intensively, I do have the Free Add-ons installed as well for IE and CR but I used them only when a User has a Pb specifically related to those Versions to (try to) reproduce their Pb...

The Conclusion I came to is that it's a bit of a "Chicken & Egg" Story, as Memory Leaks are usually associated with JavaScript and from the 3 Free Add-ons, only iMacros for FF can run '.js' Scripts, so "statistically" we only (or mostly) hear about Memory Leaks associated with FF.

All I know from my personal Experience, even if I don't use any '.js' Script (I do everything only in "pure" '.iim'), I once installed PM because some User had some (Installation/Path) Pb with this Browser and I gave it a try (it was at the time around FF25) and while on FF I had to kill and restart FF (or even reboot) at least every 3 days for the longest it could run before becoming too slow or irresponsive, PM with the same Macros and the same 50 Add-ons installed could keep running for at least 3 weeks and with 50-100 Tabs loaded against maybe 10-15 Tabs loaded for FF, so I really notice(d) a Performance and Reliability Boost with PM compared to FF..., and that has since been confirmed by other Users who gave a try to PM, and I guess it would probably be the same with SeaMonkey and other Browsers forked on FF, I originally wanted to test them all (or a few at least...) but I was so pleased already with PM that I didn't bother...