Gumtree.co.za post macro doesn't recognise description field

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox Add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Micci

Gumtree.co.za post macro doesn't recognise description field

Post by Micci » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Good day everyone!

I am a newbie in terms of using macros as well as html, however, I have searched for the answer and I can't seem to reach one.

The job is simple, I post multiple ads on gumtree.co.za on a daily basis and was hoping imacros would make my life much easier.
Everything works fine with a few speed bumps here and there which I managed efficiently.
The problem comes in when typing a description, to me, it seems as if it does not recognise the description part and therefore does not record any typing or further actions done inside this area.

Gumtree post page: http://www.gumtree.co.za/post.html

Other than that, imacros records all other fields and posts efficiently if it were not for the description error.

Your help would be much appreciate and would be saving me a lot of time.

imacros for Firefox 8.9.6
Windows 10 Pro
Firefox 44.0.2
Demo works
chivracq

Re: Gumtree.co.za post macro doesn't recognise description f

Post by chivracq » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Micci wrote:Good day everyone!

I am a newbie in terms of using macros as well as html, however, I have searched for the answer and I can't seem to reach one.

The job is simple, I post multiple ads on gumtree.co.za on a daily basis and was hoping imacros would make my life much easier.
Everything works fine with a few speed bumps here and there which I managed efficiently.
The problem comes in when typing a description, to me, it seems as if it does not recognise the description part and therefore does not record any typing or further actions done inside this area.

Other than that, imacros records all other fields and posts efficiently if it were not for the description error.

Code: Select all

Windows 10 Pro
Firefox 44.0.2
Demo works
Yep, strange indeed, nothing gets recorded in Standard Mode and I tried a few things to "fool" the Page with some 'INPUT' Field but it didn't work, but I didn't investigate too deep, as like I expected, it works using the EVENT Mode for the 'Description' Field:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=http://www.gumtree.co.za/post.html
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=TXT:Ad<SP>Title
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=NAME:Title CONTENT=Title<SP>Experienced<SP>ICT'er

'WAIT SECONDS=1

TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=TXT:Description
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=NAME:Title CONTENT=Writing<SP>2<SP>o<SP>3<SP>lines...
'TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:* CONTENT=Writing<SP>2<SP>o<SP>3<SP>lines...
'PAUSE

FRAME F=1
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#rte" CHARS="Writing 2 or 3 lines..."
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#rte" KEY=13
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#rte" CHARS="Second line about my experience...!"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#rte" CHARS="Thanks."

'Writing 2 or 3 lines...
'Second line about my experience...!
'Thanks.
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v24.6.2 (=FF31), Win7-x64.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Micci

Post by Micci » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:15 am

chivracq wrote:
Micci wrote:Good day everyone!

Windows 10 Pro
Firefox 44.0.2
Demo works
Yep, strange indeed, nothing gets recorded in Standard Mode and I tried a few things to "fool" the Page with some 'INPUT' Field but it didn't work, but I didn't investigate too deep, as like I expected, it works using the EVENT Mode for the 'Description' Field:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=http://www.gumtree.co.za/post.html
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=TXT:Ad<SP>Title
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=NAME:Title CONTENT=Title<SP>Experienced<SP>ICT'er

'WAIT SECONDS=1

TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=TXT:Description
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:postAdForm ATTR=NAME:Title CONTENT=Writing<SP>2<SP>o<SP>3<SP>lines...
'TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:* CONTENT=Writing<SP>2<SP>o<SP>3<SP>lines...
'PAUSE

FRAME F=1
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#rte" CHARS="Writing 2 or 3 lines..."
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#rte" CHARS="Second line about my experience...!"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#rte" CHARS="Thanks."

'Writing 2 or 3 lines...
'Second line about my experience...!
'Thanks.
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v24.6.2 (=FF31), Win7-x64.)

Thank you very much for your time and assistance to the above.

I've tried your code and it comes up with this error:

RuntimeError: Element HTML is not visible, line 15 (Error code: -921)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Micci wrote:Thank you very much for your time and assistance to the above.

Ah hum, strange because it worked for me, my little Script is meant for once you've reached the 3rd Page, where you can enter Title and Descriptionn, I didn't record/include the first 2 Screens...

But, hum, that 'CLICK' Statement can actually be removed or commented out, it gets automatically recorded by iMacros in the EVENT Mode when clicking on the Field for it to get the Focus but it is most probably not needed.

Try adding mini-WAIT Statements otherwise, and using '!ERRORIGNORE'.

And now that you know that it works (or can work) with the EVENT Mode, you can record yourself your Actions, maybe I selected some different kind of Ad on the first 2 Screens and ended up on some slightly different Page than you...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Micci

Post by Micci » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am

Thank you, once again.

As you can probably tell, I am a newbie to imacros.

I figured that you had executed the recording from the 'third page' after playing around with the code you have quoted above.
So that is where I have tested it from.

It is very strange that it works on your side but not on mine, would you mine running the code again on your side and see if it still works ?

Could it perhaps be other settings in my imacros software?

Otherwise I will fiddle around with it on my side and hopefully I can reach a solution.
Micci

Post by Micci » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:43 pm

I've just noticed that if I type in the box, for example ''hello'', and then run your script then the script actually works.
But If I do not click on the box and type anything the page seems to not recognize that the macro has told it to type in the box.

if that makes sense ?
Micci

Post by Micci » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:28 am

chivracq wrote:
Micci wrote:Thank you very much for your time and assistance to the above.

Ah hum, strange because it worked for me, my little Script is meant for once you've reached the 3rd Page, where you can enter Title and Descriptionn, I didn't record/include the first 2 Screens...

But, hum, that 'CLICK' Statement can actually be removed or commented out, it gets automatically recorded by iMacros in the EVENT Mode when clicking on the Field for it to get the Focus but it is most probably not needed.

Try adding mini-WAIT Statements otherwise, and using '!ERRORIGNORE'.

And now that you know that it works (or can work) with the EVENT Mode, you can record yourself your Actions, maybe I selected some different kind of Ad on the first 2 Screens and ended up on some slightly different Page than you...

Sorry to bother you, any updates regarding the above?