[SOLVED] No Macro List Showing Up in Firefox 45

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ansgar

[SOLVED] No Macro List Showing Up in Firefox 45

Post by ansgar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Is the latest update to FF45.0 killing anyone elses macro list too ?

I only see an empty "Favorites" Folder. So imacros is essentially completely unusable :(

I double checked paths, .iim and .js extensions. I restarted, relaunched and reinstalled. Still an empty list.

Any help with this would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
Last edited by ansgar on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: No Macro List Showing Up in Firefox 45

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:20 pm

ansgar wrote:Is the latest update to FF45.0 killing anyone elses macro list too ?

I only see an empty "Favorites" Folder. So imacros is essentially completely unusable :(

I double checked paths, .iim and .js extensions. I restarted, relaunched and reinstalled. Still an empty list.

Any help with this would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
FCIM...! :mrgreen:

Pfff..., it's obvious you have to mention your COMPLETE FCI if you want any correct Investigation to be done, even if you'll probably be at v8.9.6 which is the only Version working on FF43 and FF44, but you don't mention from which FF Version you updated to FF45...!?, but OS will be important as well as you can see in this Thread where nobody mentioned their FCI and one week and 2 Updates later, the Pb is still not fixed...!:
- imacro does not work Chrome Version 49.0.2623.75 m (64-bit)

- Important in your Case would be as well to mention if you had your Macros installed in the Default Installation Folders or not...?
- And from your OS Explorer, can you still see all Macros or do they have disappear from your HD (which I don't hope for you!) or is only that you cannot see them from the iMacros Side-Panel...? Have you then tried to go into Options and to check/correct/reset all Folder Paths...?

But we had 2 Users mentioning yesterday using iMacros v8.9.6 on FF45 (I would need to check the Threads for their OS, if they mentioned it...), but that means that updating FF (from which Version...?) to FF45 works for some Users...
I am still at FF44, so I wait until you reply with all Answers before updating to FF45... (on Win10-x64).
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ansgar

Post by ansgar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:17 pm

Yes, I'm using the latest iMacros for Firefox ( 8.9.6 i think ) with standard paths.

Firefox has updated from 44 to 45. I have it set to auto update so I always have the latest version from the release channel.

I am running windows10 32-bit. The macros are still accessible through the explorer and I can work on them in a txt editor. Just the sidebar of iMacros stays empty.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:50 pm

ansgar wrote:Yes, I'm using the latest iMacros for Firefox ( 8.9.6 i think ) with standard paths.

Firefox has updated from 44 to 45. I have it set to auto update so I always have the latest version from the release channel.

I am running windows10 32-bit. The macros are still accessible through the explorer and I can work on them in a txt editor. Just the sidebar of iMacros stays empty.
OK, perfect Answers and it doesn't look too bad, at least your Macros are not gone, you should perform a Backup of your 'iMacros' Folder (containing all Demo + your Macros + all Folders ('DataSources', 'Downloads', etc...)) and you should regularly make a Backup of this whole Folder anyway, like I do and just did right now before I am going to update FF44 to FF45.

Only thing you didn't answer/mention is if you checked all Folder Paths in iMacros Options...?
Even if they look correct, select a different Folder for your Macros, validate, check, restart FF and set the Path back to the correct Folder...

One mini-Advice, setting FF to auto-update is maybe not the best Idea, you should set it to "Notify me when there is a new Update", especially if you rely on iMacros as since around FF29, nearly every FF Update has broken stg or even completely (in) iMacros for FF, and each time you get notified that there is a new FF Update, come and have a quick Check on the Forum if the last FF Update by any chance is not breaking iMacros...

OK, I'm going to update FF44 to FF45, and I'll get back with the Results...

And hum, stg that could play a Role in your Case, is User Rights, i.e. pay attention if you have created several Users on your Win10 PC, under which User you updated FF and under which User you are now logged in... (But if from iMacros Options, you can access and modify the Default Paths for Macros, DataSources, etc, then it should be correct, I would think... But with nearly every FF Update, FF is trying to tighten Security and Access to Local Files from the Browser, so you never know...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Pfff, shitty Connection, Page got reset while typing a Msg, and it's all gone, have to type it all over again, grrr...!!

So..., I was saying that it had taken me 3/4h to manage to update FF44 to FF45 because of a slow Connection, and that after 2 FF Crashes, but I'm used to that, happens every day, probably due to some Add-ons/Plugins Conflict and poor Memory Management from FF, but that's why I don't use plain FF but Pale Moon anyway), I had finally managed to restart FF after a "successful" Update and that iMacros was working fine, my Macros had not disappeared and they seem to work correctly, which is a good news and nearly a Record as it would mean that 3 FF Versions in a row (FF43 + FF44 + FF45) will keep working on the same iMacros for FF Version (v8.9.6)...!

So it works fine for me...!

Only Differences with you I think, is that my iMacros Folder is not the Default Installation Folder, but some "D:\TEMP\iMacros\Current\..." Folder.
And my Win10 Machine is x64 Bits, but FF is x32 Bits (same thing for PM), so that shouldn't play a role.
And you didn't react on that point, I have Admin Rights.

So everything works fine for me with iMacros for FF v8.9.6, FF45, Win10-x64. => I cannot reproduce your Problem...!
ansgar

Post by ansgar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:16 pm

I am Admin and only have 1 user account on my machine...

So I tried changing the macro path to an other folder in which I store some old macros.
The macros from that folder display in iMacros and do work.
When I select the original Macro Folder again then the list comes up empty again.

So it seems that only the macro folder is "broken", but I can access it perfectly via the OS explorer.
ansgar

SOLVED

Post by ansgar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Weird Error... Took a closer look at my macro folder again and found that I was missing a subfolder...
Found it finally in an other subfolder and it still contained all the macros. But it also contained a copy
of the folder itself which contains a copy of itself and so on.... I stoped looking deeper down after about
20 levels.....

Restored the folder in its original position without the copies of itself and now everything worksfine again.

Guess there is some limit for the subfolder level depth that You can use in imacros and when your folder
structure has more levels it cant handle that....

I have no idea though what caused this...

But well, at least for now I got a working iMacros again.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:29 pm

ansgar wrote:I am Admin and only have 1 user account on my machine...

So I tried changing the macro path to an other folder in which I store some old macros.
The macros from that folder display in iMacros and do work.
When I select the original Macro Folder again then the list comes up empty again.

So it seems that only the macro folder is "broken", but I can access it perfectly via the OS explorer.
ansgar wrote:Weird Error... Took a closer look at my macro folder again and found that I was missing a subfolder...
Found it finally in an other subfolder and it still contained all the macros. But it also contained a copy
of the folder itself which contains a copy of itself and so on.... I stoped looking deeper down after about
20 levels.....

Restored the folder in its original position without the copies of itself and now everything worksfine again.

Guess there is some limit for the subfolder level depth that You can use in imacros and when your folder
structure has more levels it cant handle that....

I have no idea though what caused this...

But well, at least for now I got a working iMacros again.
Okayyyyy...!, good to hear...!!, think of making a Backup anyway, and from time to time as well, it's always a good Practice...! (Especially when FF and/or iMacros is going to update...)

But, hum, the Behaviour you mention with 20-30 nested Sub-Folders is actually a known Pb, there are a few Threads about it, but last time I think it happened to sbd was at least 1 year ago, and probably even more... It has never happened to me, and TechSupport has never been able to isolate the Conditions when this happens to try to reproduce the Pb, so it's still a bit mysterious what is causing this...! :shock:

I hope for you it won't happen again to you, but would it still occur, try to pay attention at what you did just before/when it happened again to try to give as many Details as possible...
lanx

Post by lanx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:42 am

chivracq wrote:
ansgar wrote:I am Admin and only have 1 user account on my machine...
But, hum, the Behaviour you mention with 20-30 nested Sub-Folders is actually a known Pb, there are a few Threads about it, but last time I think it happened to sbd was at least 1 year ago, and probably even more... It has never happened to me, and TechSupport has never been able to isolate the Conditions when this happens to try to reproduce the Pb, so it's still a bit mysterious what is causing this...! :shock:

I hope for you it won't happen again to you, but would it still occur, try to pay attention at what you did just before/when it happened again to try to give as many Details as possible...
Well... hope now it will be fixed :wink:
==>> http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 953#p68334