SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE - Less than 1 second?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
imjosh

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE - Less than 1 second?

Post by imjosh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:41 am

Is there any workaround to setting the timeout page less than 1 second?

I have a series of URLs that look like this:

www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_1

and when visiting these URLs, i get redirected to

www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_2

i am only interested in copying the second URL, so I am not interested in waiting for the page to load at all. I have over 100,000 of these URLs, so the difference between 1 second and 0.1seconds is quite significant, and I know that only fractions of a second are required for this task.
chivracq

Re: SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE - Less than 1 second?

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 am

imjosh wrote:Is there any workaround to setting the timeout page less than 1 second?

I have a series of URLs that look like this:

http://www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_1

and when visiting these URLs, i get redirected to

http://www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_2

i am only interested in copying the second URL, so I am not interested in waiting for the page to load at all. I have over 100,000 of these URLs, so the difference between 1 second and 0.1seconds is quite significant, and I know that only fractions of a second are required for this task.
CIM...! :mrgreen:

Posting in the iMacros for FF Sub-Forum, so I guess you must be using iMacros for FF...? (Why is it so complicated for most Users to read the Forum Rules and mention their FCI...!? :roll: )
=> Answer to your Qt: No, Min-Setting for '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' is 1 sec..., AFAIK...
'!TIMEOUT_STEP' accepts Decimal Values for the Setting I think, even if the Wiki only mentions Integers, (not directly, but when set from '!TIMEOUT_PAGE', divided by 6, I did the Test, a few years ago...), or 'WAIT' yep for sure, but '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' only Integers... (>0)

=> You could hack the Add-on and change the Def for '!TIMEOUT'/'!TIMEOUT_PAGE', copy it from 'WAIT', and/or divide your Set of 100,000 URL's to run in 50 Macros/FF-Profiles at the same time..., done in 6 hours...! OK, +2 hours to create the 50 FF-Profiles (Tot = 8h), or +4 hours to hack the Add-on, ah-ah...!, but 0.1 sec sounds risky to me, you will be getting lots of Errors, I would think...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Cobra99

Post by Cobra99 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:40 pm

did you try?

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 0.1
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)
FCIM here http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Cobra99 wrote:did you try?

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 0.1
Ah-ah...!, did you try yourself...!? :oops:

=> RuntimeError:
BadParameter: !TIMEOUT must be positive integer, line 2 (Error code: -911)
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM 26.1.1 (=FF44), Win10-x64.)

I ran your exact Command, with '!TIMEOUT_PAGE', funny to see that the RuntimeError still mentions '!TIMEOUT', but it's the same Command, defined in the Add-on only once, with 2 Names... (But I knew already, I had already tried a few years ago, oops...!)
And if using '!ERRORIGNORE', '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' then automatically reverts to the Default Setting of 60 Sec, or whatever Value is set in the Options...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Cobra99

Post by Cobra99 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:57 pm

chivracq wrote: Ah-ah...!, did you try yourself....
I did not
onian1

Post by onian1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:16 am

!TIMEOUT_STEP is 1/10 of !TIMEOUT_PAGE by default. so if you want it to be less that a second set !TIMEOUT_PAGE to less than 10 and do not set !TIMEOUT_STEP
E.G.
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 1 = !TIMEOUT_STEP 0.1