iMacros Icon on Navigation Toolbar

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rjemery

iMacros Icon on Navigation Toolbar

Post by rjemery » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 pm

On my W98 system, I have Firefox 2.0 installed with the iMacros 0.6.0.3 extension. I customized my Firefox toolbars by moving the iMacros icon from the Navigation Toolbar (Back, Forward, Reload, Stop, etc.) to the Menu Toolbar (File, Edit, View, etc.), where I had more room. However, whenever I restart Firefox, the iMacros icon duplicates itself back on to the Navigation Toolbar.

Since I have the iMacros icon on the Menu toolbar, how can I permanently remove it from the Navigation Toolbar?
RJ Emery
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:07 pm

Please go to VIEW > TOOLBARS > CUSTOMIZE and then drag the iMacros icon to the open toolbar icons panel.
rjemery

Post by rjemery » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:17 pm

Tech Support wrote:Please go to VIEW > TOOLBARS > CUSTOMIZE and then drag the iMacros icon to the open toolbar icons panel.
Isn't that what I described having done in my original message? Putting the iMacros icon on the Menu toolbar only causes a duplicate to pop up on the Navigation toolbar with the next invocation of Firefox. Removing one by your method only removes both.

If I am missing something, please be more explicit. Thanks.
RJ Emery
iopusiopus

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

Post by iopusiopus » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem and it's bothering me. Is there no way to solve this?
I moved the icon to a different toolbar but it always returns to the navigation toolbar after I restart Firefox!

Any Ideas???
rjemery

Re: PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

Post by rjemery » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:09 pm

iopusiopus wrote:Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem and it's bothering me. Is there no way to solve this? I moved the icon to a different toolbar but it always returns to the navigation toolbar after I restart Firefox! Any Ideas???
None whatsoever. The author of this add-on does not care to address the problem, and I have since removed it from my Firefox browser. Who knows what else doesn't work and won't be addressed?
RJ Emery
iopusiopus

Re: PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

Post by iopusiopus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:48 am

rjemery wrote:None whatsoever. The author of this add-on does not care to address the problem
Great news...
iopusiopus

Got it!

Post by iopusiopus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:51 pm

I solved the problem my own way 8). Heres how it's done:
  • Move to your FF extension dir (C:\Dokuments and Settings\Username\Application data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Profile ID\extensions\)
  • You probably see a lot of folders just namend with long numbers. Find the appropriate directory (it's the one that has the file imacros.jar in the chrome folder)
  • Unzip the file imacros.jar from the folder chrome (e.g. with Universal Extractor)
  • Open the file rec.js located in the newly extracted folder content
  • Delete

Code: Select all

else if(navToolbar.currentSet.indexOf(myButtonID)== -1)navToolbar.insertItem(myButtonID,afterButton,null,false);
    and

Code: Select all

if(navToolbar.currentSet!=null&&navToolbar.currentSet.indexOf(myButtonID)== -1) navToolbar.insertItem(myButtonID,afterButton,null,false);
  • Zip the two folders extracted earlier
  • Rename the extension from .zip to .jar and replace the old imacros.jar after you made a backup (in case you messed up)
If this is too complicated for you, you can download the imacro.jar file that I changed for me here. You only need to replace the old one...

That's it, enjoy :D