iMacros Icon on Navigation Toolbar

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rjemery

iMacros Icon on Navigation Toolbar

Post by rjemery » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 pm

On my W98 system, I have Firefox 2.0 installed with the iMacros 0.6.0.3 extension. I customized my Firefox toolbars by moving the iMacros icon from the Navigation Toolbar (Back, Forward, Reload, Stop, etc.) to the Menu Toolbar (File, Edit, View, etc.), where I had more room. However, whenever I restart Firefox, the iMacros icon duplicates itself back on to the Navigation Toolbar.

Since I have the iMacros icon on the Menu toolbar, how can I permanently remove it from the Navigation Toolbar?
RJ Emery
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:07 pm

Please go to VIEW > TOOLBARS > CUSTOMIZE and then drag the iMacros icon to the open toolbar icons panel.
rjemery

Post by rjemery » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:17 pm

Tech Support wrote:Please go to VIEW > TOOLBARS > CUSTOMIZE and then drag the iMacros icon to the open toolbar icons panel.
Isn't that what I described having done in my original message? Putting the iMacros icon on the Menu toolbar only causes a duplicate to pop up on the Navigation toolbar with the next invocation of Firefox. Removing one by your method only removes both.

If I am missing something, please be more explicit. Thanks.
RJ Emery
iopusiopus

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

Post by iopusiopus » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem and it's bothering me. Is there no way to solve this?
I moved the icon to a different toolbar but it always returns to the navigation toolbar after I restart Firefox!

Any Ideas???
rjemery

Re: PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

Post by rjemery » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:09 pm

iopusiopus wrote:Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem and it's bothering me. Is there no way to solve this? I moved the icon to a different toolbar but it always returns to the navigation toolbar after I restart Firefox! Any Ideas???
None whatsoever. The author of this add-on does not care to address the problem, and I have since removed it from my Firefox browser. Who knows what else doesn't work and won't be addressed?
RJ Emery
iopusiopus

Re: PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

Post by iopusiopus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:48 am

rjemery wrote:None whatsoever. The author of this add-on does not care to address the problem
Great news...
iopusiopus

Got it!

Post by iopusiopus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:51 pm

I solved the problem my own way 8). Heres how it's done:
  • Move to your FF extension dir (C:\Dokuments and Settings\Username\Application data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Profile ID\extensions\)
  • You probably see a lot of folders just namend with long numbers. Find the appropriate directory (it's the one that has the file imacros.jar in the chrome folder)
  • Unzip the file imacros.jar from the folder chrome (e.g. with Universal Extractor)
  • Open the file rec.js located in the newly extracted folder content
  • Delete

Code: Select all

else if(navToolbar.currentSet.indexOf(myButtonID)== -1)navToolbar.insertItem(myButtonID,afterButton,null,false);
    and

Code: Select all

if(navToolbar.currentSet!=null&&navToolbar.currentSet.indexOf(myButtonID)== -1) navToolbar.insertItem(myButtonID,afterButton,null,false);
  • Zip the two folders extracted earlier
  • Rename the extension from .zip to .jar and replace the old imacros.jar after you made a backup (in case you messed up)
If this is too complicated for you, you can download the imacro.jar file that I changed for me here. You only need to replace the old one...

That's it, enjoy :D