Hard Refresh

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
justjaake

Hard Refresh

Post by justjaake » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:55 pm

I need to be able to hard refresh a page. I usually do this by holding cmd and shift and pressing R.
is there any way to automate this? either by using keyboard commands or any other way to hard refresh
Cobra99

Re: Hard Refresh

Post by Cobra99 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:51 pm

REFRESH
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)
FCIM here http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331
justjaake

Post by justjaake » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:39 am

That doesn't hard refresh the page though. that's just a normal refresh which means that the computer uses the data from the cache to display the webpage instead of reloading it from the server.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:11 am

justjaake wrote:I need to be able to hard refresh a page. I usually do this by holding cmd and shift and pressing R.
is there any way to automate this? either by using keyboard commands or any other way to hard refresh
Cobra99 wrote:REFRESH
Yep, nice try, ah-ah...!
justjaake wrote:That doesn't hard refresh the page though. that's just a normal refresh which means that the computer uses the data from the cache to display the webpage instead of reloading it from the server.
Yep indeed..., but (F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (read my Sig), or check the Forum Rules for Required Info to post when you open a Thread... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:38 pm

justjaake wrote:I need to be able to hard refresh a page. I usually do this by holding cmd and shift and pressing R.
I guess you need something like this

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* CHAR="r" MODIFIERS="meta,shift"