Extract Saveas

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
klh6686

Extract Saveas

Post by klh6686 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:29 am

I have a simple little macro to extract some data from a table and it looks a little something like this:
VERSION BUILD=5211028
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAB T=1
EXTRACT POS=1 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<TD<SP>class=owner_value>*
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\folder File=*
This works fine and spits out extract.csv that i can view in excel when i use the macro in iMacros Browser, but in the Firefox version it doesn't output a file. Any words on something i need to change the SAVEAS to or is this just not supported yet?
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:21 pm

There is currently no extraction in the FF plugin, I'm afraid.
Here's the changelog: http://forum.iopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=2607

Hannes
klh6686

Post by klh6686 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:31 pm

Well that would explain why it took a few seconds on each extraction. I love Firefox as a browser simply because i can open links in new tabs behind my current tab. In the iMacros Browser is there any way to do that?

EDIT: Also do you guys plan to implement a shortcut button to play a macro? obviously F5 is refresh the browser.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi,

The iMacros browser also handles multiple tabs:

http://www.iopus.com/imacros/help/tabbed_browser.htm

Within the iMacros Browser F5 play a macro.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support