Clear Pre-Defined Value

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tamilselvan

Clear Pre-Defined Value

Post by Tamilselvan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 am

Version 9.0.3
Windows 10
Firefox 50.1.0

How to clear pre-define value in Text box.

Whenever i change / open value from drop down list pre-define value is shown in text box.
Drop Down List.jpg
Drop Down List.jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
Clear Field..jpg
some times many rows shown. how to clear "pre-define date."
3rd Row..jpg
I use following code : Manually i asked to which row to clear

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

PROMPT Insert<SP>RowNo<SP>toClear :!VAR1

TAG POS={{!VAR1}} TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvData_ctl*_dt_app CONTENT=
TAG POS={{!VAR1}} TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvData_ctl*_dt_from CONTENT=

While i am changing value from drop down list, I need to clear pre-define value in Text box automatically.

Please help.
chivracq

Re: Clear Pre-Defined Value

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:

Code: Select all

Version 9.0.3
Windows 10
Firefox 50.1.0
How to clear pre-define value in Text box.

Whenever i change / open value from drop down list pre-define value is shown in text box.
Drop Down List.jpg
Clear Field..jpg
some times many rows shown. how to clear "pre-define date."
3rd Row..jpg
I use following code : Manually i asked to which row to clear

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

PROMPT Insert<SP>RowNo<SP>toClear :!VAR1

TAG POS={{!VAR1}} TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvData_ctl*_dt_app CONTENT=
TAG POS={{!VAR1}} TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvData_ctl*_dt_from CONTENT=
While i am changing value from drop down list, I need to clear pre-define value in Text box automatically.

Please help.
Your first Printscreen is difficult to see, low Resolution when trying to zoom in...

But hum, how do you select a Value from the DDLB, manually or from your Script...?
If from your Script, can you post the Statement...?

But anyway, on your 2nd Printscreen, I see "0550-A-Rani" in the DDLB that contains the same "Rani" in the first Cell for the Row that you want to clear.
=> You could first extract this "0550-A-Rani" Data, "clean" it using 'EVAL()' to isolate "Rani" to then reuse this "Rani" to tag the "Rani" Cell at the beginning of the Row to use as Anchor for Relative Positioning for the 2 Fields that you want to clear... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Sorry for inconvinence.
The code is asking which rows want to clear.
What I need clear the field with out asking rows.
While data is listing from DropDown list, clear all the rows automattically.
Is it possible?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:Sorry for inconvinence.
The code is asking which rows want to clear.
What I need clear the field with out asking rows.
While data is listing from DropDown list, clear all the rows automattically.
Is it possible?
Well, of course it's possible, I gave you a way in 5 Lines...! :roll: :
=> You could first extract this "0550-A-Rani" Data (from the DDLB), "clean" it using 'EVAL()' to isolate "Rani" to then reuse this "Rani" to tag the "Rani" Cell at the beginning of the Row to use as Anchor for Relative Positioning for the 2 Fields that you want to clear... :idea:
And from your 3rd Printscreen, you can do the same with "0096-A-Eruchan" => "Eruchan".
If the "-A-" part is always present for all Values, you can use "split('-A-')" to easily isolate the Name...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:33 am

It is not like that.
Now you can see another example.
Clear Data.jpg
Sorry for too late reply.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:It is not like that.
Now you can see another example.
Clear Data.jpg
Sorry for too late reply.
Yeah, but sorry, I don't go digging into your Thread again if you only follow up 3 months later, I have to start all over again from the beginning... :roll:

Post a complete Recap of the Thread in one next Post with absolutely all Info I may need (FCI included of course) like if you were just starting a new Thread for me to have a look...
But, pfff..., do it "very correctly" or I won't react, I prefer to have too much Info than to have to ask for stg that you should have mentioned proactively... :idea: