Macro Freezes on 1st Run Only

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lahey&randy

Macro Freezes on 1st Run Only

Post by lahey&randy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:15 am

Firefox 52.2.0 (64 Bit)
iMacros for FireFox 9.0.3

Hi Folks,

I am seeing an odd bug after updating FireFox. With any .iim OR .js macro it will freeze on the 1st TAG POS. It doesn't matter what the site is or what the TAG actually is. Before everyone pounces, please understand it is any TAG command. I have tried all sorts of TAG commands that work. This happens on any and all websites. It will run all commands before a TAG, but iMacros will always freeze on the 1st TAG. FireFox is not frozen when this happens. I can open FF settings, load webpages, etc. The browser itself is not frozen. If I click STOP and then run the same macro again, it will always work. There is something about running any macro the 1st time in a fresh browser causing this.
chivracq

Re: Macro Freezes on 1st Run Only

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 am

lahey&randy wrote:

Code: Select all

Firefox 52.2.0 (64 Bit)
iMacros for FireFox 9.0.3
Hi Folks,

I am seeing an odd bug after updating FireFox. With any .iim OR .js macro it will freeze on the 1st TAG POS. It doesn't matter what the site is or what the TAG actually is. Before everyone pounces, please understand it is any TAG command. I have tried all sorts of TAG commands that work. This happens on any and all websites. It will run all commands before a TAG, but iMacros will always freeze on the 1st TAG. FireFox is not frozen when this happens. I can open FF settings, load webpages, etc. The browser itself is not frozen. If I click STOP and then run the same macro again, it will always work. There is something about running any macro the 1st time in a fresh browser causing this.
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (OS is missing...)

Hum, "after updating FireFox", you didn't mention your OS, but I would expect your FF to be at FF54 and not FF52, at least on Win32/64, but I would be surprised if FF is at a different Patch Level on other OS'es... From what Version did you update FF...?

Hum..., do I understand that you can reproduce your Pb with any of the Demo Macros...?
Nobody reported such a Behaviour before, while many Users have been using your Config for several months now already... You might have some "other" Add-on "interfering" with iMacros... => Try disabling as many Add-ons as you can or create a "clean" FF Profile to try to identify the other Add-on...

You don't use the 'FILTER' Command by any chance in all those Macros of yours...? I have reported a "freezing" Bug for FF53/54 that could be hitting FF52 as well... (I don't know about FF52 because I had updated FF from FF51 to FF53 directly...):
- 'FILTER TYPE=IMAGES' crashes FF53/54...!

The recommended Version for iMacros for FF is v8.9.7 anyway instead of v9.0.3 which is pretty buggy and limited... (and v8.9.7 for FF still works on FF54..., except for the 'FILTER' Bug...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
lahey&randy

Post by lahey&randy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks chivracq.

This is on ubuntu 16.04 LTS. It does indeed happen with the demo scripts.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:42 pm

lahey&randy wrote:Thanks chivracq.

This is on ubuntu 16.04 LTS. It does indeed happen with the demo scripts.
OK for Ubuntu as your OS...

FF52 didn't last very long, I had the "feeling", see if you can update FF to FF53 or FF54 if that helps, but nobody reported anything like the Behaviour you describe, especially if you can reproduce with the Demos, so I don't expect it will solve your Pb...

More plausible to me is to follow my "Recommendations" about some other Add-on conflicting with iMacros (by fighting probably for the FF JavaScript Runtime Engine) and using a "clean" FF-Profile...
=> Would like to hear about which Add-on is conflicting with iMacros, if that Assumption is correct... :?:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...