[Firefox] Pasting variable value copies it twice in a field

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Skizz

[Firefox] Pasting variable value copies it twice in a field

Post by Skizz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:24 pm

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 10 Pro, French

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
FireFox 54.0.1 (32bits)

4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
They do work.

I have basically built a small script storing the value of certain fields from my current page in variables. I want to later on reuse these variables to paste them in other fields of another page (actually an Atlassian Jira issue creation pop-in).

Here is my script:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

TAG POS=1 TYPE=H1 ATTR=ID:summary-val EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:customfield_10800* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:opsbar-operations_more
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Create<SP>sub-task
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:summary CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:labels-textarea CONTENT=Back
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:fixVersions-textarea CONTENT=V1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:customfield_10800 CONTENT={{!VAR2}}
The code is executing itself with no problems but when it's done, it seems that all the fields in which I have pasted VAR1 & VAR2 are doubled.
For instance, the field 'summary-val' has value 'Issue Ticket n°3', and when I paste it into field 'summary', my screen displays 'Issue Ticket n°3Issue Ticket n°3'.

When i test the same code in 'iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4' I do not have this duplication problem.

Highly appreciate any help.

Skizz
chivracq

Re: [Firefox] Pasting variable value copies it twice in a fi

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 pm

Skizz wrote:1. What version of iMacros are you using?
iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 10 Pro, French

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
FireFox 54.0.1 (32bits)

4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
They do work.

I have basically built a small script storing the value of certain fields from my current page in variables. I want to later on reuse these variables to paste them in other fields of another page (actually an Atlassian Jira issue creation pop-in).

Here is my script:

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

TAG POS=1 TYPE=H1 ATTR=ID:summary-val EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:customfield_10800* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:opsbar-operations_more
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Create<SP>sub-task
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:summary CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:labels-textarea CONTENT=Back
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:fixVersions-textarea CONTENT=V1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:customfield_10800 CONTENT={{!VAR2}}
The code is executing itself with no problems but when it's done, it seems that all the fields in which I have pasted VAR1 & VAR2 are doubled.
For instance, the field 'summary-val' has value 'Issue Ticket n°3', and when I paste it into field 'summary', my screen displays 'Issue Ticket n°3Issue Ticket n°3'.

When i test the same code in 'iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4' I do not have this duplication problem.

Highly appreciate any help.

Skizz
FCI mentioned, is perfect..., you can use the following "simplified" Format if you prefer:

iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF v54.0.1 (x32), Win10-Pro-[x32/x64]_FR.
Your Script looks fine to me, you handle the Content of '!EXTRACT' correctly with "SET !EXTRACT NULL" after each Extract and storing its Content into Temp Vars..., then I don't know what it going wrong, especially if the same Script works fine in v8.4.4 for CR.

Could be related to v9.0.3 for FF which has always been a bit buggy anyway, 2 other Users have previously reported a similar Behaviour in 2 previous Threads, but I was never able to reproduce, hum..., because I never bothered to install v9.0.3, I guess, ah-ah...!
Workaround/first thing to try would be to revert to v8.9.7 for FF (which still works on FF54), and make sure to disable Automatic Updates for iMacros, of course...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...