iMacros for Firefox compatibility with Firefox 56 and later

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

iMacros for Firefox compatibility with Firefox 56 and later

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Please see our latest blog post on the status of iMacros for Firefox:

iMacros for Firefox compatibility with Firefox 56 and newer
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
BoredFish

Re: iMacros for Firefox compatibility with Firefox 56 and la

Post by BoredFish » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Any ETA on a fix? Blog is unnervingly silent since identifying the problem.
(I am on corporate enterprise managed system and rolling back FF is not an option)
MarkHunnibell

Post by MarkHunnibell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Back in September, the "blog" post said this:
"Our developers are currently busy developing a new version of iMacros for Firefox that supports the new API, and we hope to have something released for you by the end of the year."
Even though the "blog" has not been updated with a new post, the content of the original post has been quietly modified, without annotation, to say - essentially - they have abandoned all hope to have a Firefox 56+compatible iMacros by the end of the year and now say it will "likely" be early next year (emphasis added):
"Our developers are currently busy developing a new version of iMacros for Firefox that supports the new API, and we hope to have something released as soon as possible, likely early in the new year."
This seems rather dishonest to me to edit a posting months later without notation, comment, or explanation. It suggests there is something else going on here... including the possibility that they will NEVER release a new iMacros for Firefox.

Mark
BoredFish

Post by BoredFish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Please see our latest blog post on the status of iMacros for Firefox:
Hey Tom, any news?
muzza4

Post by muzza4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi there

Any ETA on this development? Firefox really really wants me to go to the latest version.

Cheers
Murray
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:36 am

I would appreciate a status on this topic. I assume lot of people are using this add-on for Firefox, although I expected more impatient users to raise their hand in this forum. Anyway: I am not pushing anybody to be quicker, I just would like to know if at least anybody is working on making imacros work with newer version of firefox?
BoredFish

Post by BoredFish » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 pm

radioactiveman wrote:I would appreciate a status on this topic. I assume lot of people are using this add-on for Firefox, although I expected more impatient users to raise their hand in this forum. Anyway: I am not pushing anybody to be quicker, I just would like to know if at least anybody is working on making imacros work with newer version of firefox?
Been checking this page weekly but I'm starting to think it's just not gonna happen.
PaulFancy

Post by PaulFancy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 am

To decide buying a product it is a good idea to focus on how customer orientated a company is. ipswitch seems to ignore their users. :cry:
kfox112

Post by kfox112 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm also anxiously awaiting an update. :)
moumoute15

Post by moumoute15 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:12 am

kfox112 wrote:I'm also anxiously awaiting an update. :)
I am mpatient to have news about this compatibility
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm also waiting for news on this. I've been an iMacros for Firefox advocate and user for years, but i'm now worried I'll have to learn a new tool when I already know iMacros and its scripting language so well, as we may not see a working version of iMacros with a current version of Firefox this year.
axrinas

Post by axrinas » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

I'm also waiting for the firefox 57 and later update! :(
Mikemacx

Post by Mikemacx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Well...it's not that dire until an update comes around. You can always run multiple versions of Firefox on your computer and keep the iMacros friendly version going....

https://civicactions.com/blog/running-m ... -mac-os-x/

https://www.webdesignerbible.com/how-to ... n-windows/
PaulFancy

Post by PaulFancy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 am

Wasted waiting, i yesterday changed to the addon "Katalon Automation Recorder". Well done...
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 pm

I've also started using Katalon Automation Recorder now as a result of waiting for this, however it lacks CSV and looping support in their browser-based version, Katalon Automation Studio (which is free!) however does support both of those things. It's recorder has no experimental mode either, but the ability to switch between selectors is very handy too. In saying that, given how well I know iMacros scripting language and how the tool functions, I do wish that Firefox support returned sooner than later.