Quick question

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
xCloudx

Quick question

Post by xCloudx » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:11 am

Ok I'm just getting started on iMacros. So far, I really like it. But I want to know how to fill in text boxes. For example:

Lets just assume I wanted the username to be my forum username, xCloudx.
Let's also assume the password was xxxx.
I wanted it to automatically type in xCloudx and the password xxxx, then have it hit the login button. I figured out the button part but I can't get it to type into the boxes. I know its an easy answer probably but I'm a noob. :D
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:49 pm

Hello xCloudx,

did you already see the tutorials at http://forum.iopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=2615 ?

It basically is this:
* Visit the relevant site
* Select "Record"-->"Start" from the iMacros tab
* Click the first textbox and enter the text
* Click the second box and enter the text
* Click the Login-button
* "Stop" the recording (and probably save it under a custom name

You can now replay this macro and iMacros does the login for you.

Hannes
xCloudx

Post by xCloudx » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:26 am

Lol sorry to take so long to reply to this. I did try that and for some reason it wouldn't acknowledge that I clicked the box nor anything I typed. I ended up downloading the free trial of the browser and trying it, which it worked fine on, then I just copied the code.