iMacro Install & Master Password Errors

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
77C15

iMacro Install & Master Password Errors

Post by 77C15 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:50 pm

When I installed iMacro 0.6.0.4 from addons.mozilla.org I got this error box:

Title: Alert
[Exception... "Node was not found" code: "8" nsresult: "0x80530008
(NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_FOUND_ERR)" location: "chrome://global/content/bindings/toolbar.html
Line: 257"]

What is that? Do I have to worry about it?

In addition, when I run a macro to sign on to hotmail, iMacro asks me for the Master Password. It doesn't matter what I give it (default = "iOpus2004"), or if I save it in the options. It always says the Master Password is incorrect, and tells me to re-run the macro or save the Master Password under Options.

Any ideas? Thanks,
Sylvia
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Hello,

thanks for reporting the error.

For the master-password: I cannot reproduce this behaviour. As a workarount you may disable password encryption (but then they are visible in the macro).

Hannes
77C15

Post by 77C15 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:20 pm

1. Does the installation error I received affect the proper operation of the program.

2. Disabling the password encryption is not a workaround. A workaround would enable password encryption by allowing the Master Password to be applied by some other method. Simply turning it off leaves passwords unencrypted.

- Sylvia