Why IMAGESEARCH available in Firefox, but no click method

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zhedielj

Why IMAGESEARCH available in Firefox, but no click method

Post by zhedielj » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Win10X64,Firefox 54, 8.9.7

I can use IMAGESEARCH command in Firefox, but there are no IMAGECLICK or DS command with Firefox.
So, how could I click that image that found by IMAGESEARCH in firefox?

That always give me -911 error code, when I use click command.
CLICK X={{!IMAGEX}} Y={{!IMAGEY}}
chivracq

Re: Why IMAGESEARCH available in Firefox, but no click metho

Post by chivracq » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:11 pm

zhedielj wrote:

Code: Select all

Win10X64, Firefox 54, 8.9.7
I can use IMAGESEARCH command in Firefox, but there are no IMAGECLICK or DS command with Firefox.
So, how could I click that image that found by IMAGESEARCH in firefox?
Oh yeah...!, the "wild Kisser" is back, ah-ah...! :twisted:

But hum..., yep, I agree with you, I've always been asking myself the same Qt... :?
Even more "useless" is that you cannot even use '!IMAGEX' and '!IMAGEY' that are not supported on FF that you could otherwise reuse for a similar Workaround like I explained in this Thread but this time for the 'CLICK X/Y' Mode or even the 'EVENT' Mode with the Coordinates of the Image if it gets found by 'IMAGESEARCH'... :(

The "way to go" I would use on FF is to first identify the HREF/URL of your Image, hoping it will remain a bit constant on/across the Page/Site (or use a Method I use to handle Dynamic ID's if it doesn't remain constant...) and using 'SEARCH' or 'EXTRACT=HTM' at some high Level on 'HTML' or 'BODY' + 'EVAL()' with 'split()' + 'length' of the 'split()' Result to find out if it's present, and how many times, to then reuse the 'HREF' Attribute to click on it..., which could be done directly actually, even without trying to look for it...

I had posted/mentioned once another "Method" I had thought of for "real" Image Recognition like iMacros does, it involved using Google Images, but it was a bit cumbersome, oops...!, hum say "Creative" then..., and required a bit of "Preparation", and hum..., but I don't remember exactly the "Creative" Steps, ah-ah...! :oops:
Oh ja...!, pfff..., oh yeah...!, a bit cumbersome indeed...! :oops:
=> Instead of using a Local Image like 'IMAGESEARCH' uses, you would first need to post your Image Online on some Site or Forum, wait (a few days...?) until Google Images had found and indexed it, and when you wanted to run your Macro and use that Image Recognition Functionality, use/misuse Google Images to check a few HREF's for Images from your Site if the Nb of Images you want to check from your Page is not too high, or otherwise first save a partial or complete 'SCREENSHOT' of your Page to re-upload to Google Images for the Check, ah-ah...! And then using the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism from iMacros, simply check the Results from Google Images... Simple though...!? :wink:
Got the Picture...!? :twisted:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
zhedielj

Post by zhedielj » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 am

Thanks for your advice! You are the master in my mind.
I think that's too complicated to use google image method. I'll give up.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:51 am

zhedielj wrote:Thanks for your advice! You are the master in my mind.
I think that's too complicated to use google image method. I'll give up.
Yeah, is not very straightforward, ah-ah...!

But, hum..., if you explain exactly what you want/need, I might find some better Workaround, I only reacted to your exact Qt in your first Post about 'IMAGESEARCH', there might be some other ways if you let me do the (Creative) "Thinking", ah-ah...! :twisted:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
zhedielj

Post by zhedielj » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 am

I'm met this problem when I sign up a website. The personal profile that I should fill in made up by falsh(shockwave). And the position of the choice is movable, So I also can't use click command.
I found your old post for flash solution is compile the flash file, that is too hard to do for me. Do you have other simply method? :D

chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41 am

zhedielj wrote:I'm met this problem when I sign up a website. The personal profile that I should fill in made up by falsh(shockwave). And the position of the choice is movable, So I also can't use click command.
I found your old post for flash solution is compile the flash file, that is too hard to do for me. Do you have other simply method? :D

Hum..., little hope with Flash Objects using iMacros for FF, you would need the 'DS' Mode from iMB/IE with the Enterprise Edition...
But have a look at this Thread (from the Post where I link + onwards, but the whole Thread is interesting anyway...) where I explained a bit some Techniques I use with Flash Objects even if I didn't want to be "too explicit" as I don't want to help "too much" for Games...

If you can post the URL of this Page, I can have a look... :idea:
If the 'Male' / 'Female' Boxes can permute for example, it might be possible to find out which one comes first, but clicking on one of the 2 won't work anyway on FF, I'm afraid...
zhedielj

Post by zhedielj » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks for your patient. I have viewed your post for flash solution, I think that will be some hard for me. So I'll give up to manipulate flash elements on firefox。 But I found you have given an advice for useing IMB 11 to instead of firefox, because that version begin to support event mode。So, I'll use this method.
Thank you again. :D