Post on Facebook

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Post on Facebook

by petard001 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:15 am

Hi, Chivracq
I'd like to copy an URL from my Blog and paste it on three different Facebook pages automaticaly with Imacros.
I have made a search but I don't find a post to help me...
And you, can you help me ?
D'avance, merci... my english is not very good...
Petard
petard001

Re: Post on Facebook

by chivracq on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:14 pm

petard001 wrote:Hi, Chivracq
I'd like to copy an URL from my Blog and paste it on three different Facebook pages automaticaly with Imacros.
Petard

CIM...! :mrgreen:
Always mention your FCI anyway when you open a Thread for me to react/answer..., you should know me by now, I would expect... :wink:
Hum, and your Thread has nothing specific to iMacros for FF, "correct" Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one... (But no need to duplicate now...)

But, hum, to "manage" your "Expectations", I don't help for Social Media and Forums with 'Like'/'Follow'/'Comment'/'Post' that I consider "Spam"..., or/as such Scripts can/could easily be misused for Spam..., and as a negative Side-Effect only contribute to some further Wide-Spreading of Captcha Implementations which complicate "Legit" Web-Automation with iMacros in my Opinion... :shock:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by petard001 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:44 pm

chivracq wrote:
petard001 wrote:Hi, Chivracq
Petard

CIM...! :mrgreen:
Always mention your FCI anyway when you open a Thread for me to react/answer..., you should know me by now, I would expect... :wink:
Hum, and your Thread has nothing specific to iMacros for FF, "correct" Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one... (But no need to duplicate now...)

But, hum, to "manage" your "Expectations", I don't help for Social Media and Forums with 'Like'/'Follow'/'Comment'/'Post' that I consider "Spam"..., or/as such Scripts can/could easily be misused for Spam..., and as a negative Side-Effect only contribute to some further Wide-Spreading of Captcha Implementations which complicate "Legit" Web-Automation with iMacros in my Opinion... :shock:

Oups I forgot it, Sorry !
- Firefox 55.0.2 (64-bit)
- VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
- Windows 10
petard001

by chivracq on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:38 am

petard001 wrote:Oups I forgot it, Sorry !
Code: Select all
- Windows 10

Yep..., good boy, ah-ah...! :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

Mini-Remark:
A bit surprised that you are using v9.0.3 for FF, to be honest..., v8.9.7 was and is all that time the "advised" (by me, ah-ah, oops...!) Stable Version..., and still works until at least FF v55.0.3 (my Version, haven't checked later FF Versions, must be before FF57 anyway)...
(v9.0.3 works as well on FF v55.0.3, if you were wondering, but don't let FF update by itself or it will update directly to FF57 which breaks all current iMacros for FF Versions...)

Good luck for your FB-Posting Script further, sorry I can't help you on that one... :wink:
Not very difficult though I would think..., with maybe a few mini-Difficulties related to the "famous" FB Dynamic ID's, but..., quite a few Threads on the Forum about those now, shouldn't be very difficult to solve by now, I would think...
And you'll make quite a few "Friends" if you manage to get your Script to work and you post it as "Solution" in your Thread, ah-ah...! :twisted:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by petard001 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:36 am

chivracq wrote:
petard001 wrote:Oups I forgot it, Sorry !
Code: Select all
- Windows 10

Yep..., good boy, ah-ah...! :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

Mini-Remark:
A bit surprised that you are using v9.0.3 for FF, to be honest..., v8.9.7 was and is all that time the "advised" (by me, ah-ah, oops...!) Stable Version..., and still works until at least FF v55.0.3 (my Version, haven't checked later FF Versions, must be before FF57 anyway)...
(v9.0.3 works as well on FF v55.0.3, if you were wondering, but don't let FF update by itself or it will update directly to FF57 which breaks all current iMacros for FF Versions...)

Good luck for your FB-Posting Script further, sorry I can't help you on that one... :wink:
Not very difficult though I would think..., with maybe a few mini-Difficulties related to the "famous" FB Dynamic ID's, but..., quite a few Threads on the Forum about those now, shouldn't be very difficult to solve by now, I would think...
And you'll make quite a few "Friends" if you manage to get your Script to work and you post it as "Solution" in your Thread, ah-ah...! :twisted:

I have a portable version of 55.0.2 to use it with Imacros and the normal Firefox version to use it normaly !
petard001

by chivracq on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:40 am

petard001 wrote:I have a portable version of 55.0.2 to use it with Imacros and the normal Firefox version to use it normaly !

Oh OK, yep indeed, sounds very Legit..., but hum..., you could better install v8.9.7 on your FF55, much more Stable than v9.0.3, hum..., unless you use the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism and have already modified your Scripts to cope with the v9.0.3 "new" (Buggy!, oops...!) Behaviour when 'EXTRACT'="#EANF#"... (which ="" in v9.0.3, with empty "shifting" Cells...).
chivracq

by petard001 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:58 am

chivracq wrote:
petard001 wrote:I have a portable version of 55.0.2 to use it with Imacros and the normal Firefox version to use it normaly !

Oh OK, yep indeed, sounds very Legit..., but hum..., you could better install v8.9.7 on your FF55, much more Stable than v9.0.3, hum..., unless you use the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism and have already modified your Scripts to cope with the v9.0.3 "new" (Buggy!, oops...!) Behaviour when 'EXTRACT'="#EANF#"... (which ="" in v9.0.3, with empty "shifting" Cells...).

And how to have v8.9.7, please ?
petard001

by petard001 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 am

petard001 wrote:
chivracq wrote:

I've found it : http://download.imacros.net/imacros_for_firefox-8.9.7-fx.xpi
But how to install it ?
petard001

by petard001 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:10 am

petard001 wrote:
chivracq wrote:

I've found it : http://download.imacros.net/imacros_for_firefox-8.9.7-fx.xpi

Once download, i've drag it and drop it on Firefox.
Once Firefox reopen, the old Imacros is installed !
petard001

by chivracq on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:41 am

petard001 wrote:I've found it : http://download.imacros.net/imacros_for_firefox-8.9.7-fx.xpi

I'm impressed, you manage to find Solutions if I don't react "too quickly", ah-ah...!, very good...! :D :wink:

But yep, good for the Link and the way to install an Add-on, but the "simple" Drag&Drop doesn't always work, especially if FF has decided that your Add-on (Version) is not compatible with your FF Version, and I guess it will only get worse with FF57...
=> In those cases, you then need to do a Ctrl+Drag&Drop on the Add-on Manager Tab (+ sometimes some Setting in 'about:config' about "CompatibiltyCheck" disabled...).

The iMacros Team (iOpus/Ipswitch) is currently "busy" since a few weeks removing all direct Links to download previous Versions, I guess the Links will still work even after they've been removed from all 'Version for FF/iMB/CR' Pages, but hum..., maybe a good Advice is to "secure" it/them..., but at least for FF, they should otherwise remain downloadable from the Mozilla Add-ons Archive (for iMacros) => all previous Versions can normally always be downloaded (again...).
(Mozilla Add-ons Archive is prefect for that, it's always a complete hassle for CR Add-ons to try to find and download some previous Version...)
=> Link to v8.9.7 for FF is indeed still present on the 'iMacros for FF Version' Wiki Page, hum..., good-good..., OK... :D
chivracq

by petard001 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:00 pm

chivracq wrote:
petard001 wrote:I've found it : http://download.imacros.net/imacros_for_firefox-8.9.7-fx.xpi

I'm impressed, you manage to find Solutions if I don't react "too quickly", ah-ah...!, very good...! :D :wink:

But yep, good for the Link and the way to install an Add-on, but the "simple" Drag&Drop doesn't always work, especially if FF has decided that your Add-on (Version) is not compatible with your FF Version, and I guess it will only get worse with FF57...
=> In those cases, you then need to do a Ctrl+Drag&Drop on the Add-on Manager Tab (+ sometimes some Setting in 'about:config' about "CompatibiltyCheck" disabled...).

The iMacros Team (iOpus/Ipswitch) is currently "busy" since a few weeks removing all direct Links to download previous Versions, I guess the Links will still work even after they've been removed from all 'Version for FF/iMB/CR' Pages, but hum..., maybe a good Advice is to "secure" it/them..., but at least for FF, they should otherwise remain downloadable from the Mozilla Add-ons Archive (for iMacros) => all previous Versions can normally always be downloaded (again...).
(Mozilla Add-ons Archive is prefect for that, it's always a complete hassle for CR Add-ons to try to find and download some previous Version...)
=> Link to v8.9.7 for FF is indeed still present on the 'iMacros for FF Version' Wiki Page, hum..., good-good..., OK... :D

Thanks for all the details !
So no help for my request... :mrgreen:
petard001

Return to iMacros for Firefox