Login error using event click selector

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jinhui

Login error using event click selector

Post by jinhui » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:29 am

Hi,

I am using Firefox 47.0 and iMacros 8.9.7 and running on Windows 7.

There is a small error when I automate the login. The error was password was incorrect and the password field was blank. It might be the case when the event click selector did not manage to click and login with an empty password field. It does not happen often but I need the error to stop occurring. I used event selector code to fill the username and password fields.

The code I used is:

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#login_input_user_id" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#login_input_user_id" CHARS="test"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#login_input_password" BUTTON=0
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#login_input_password" CHARS="test"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#login_login" BUTTON=0
As this is for first time login, the password will be the same as the username.

I would like to know why I am encountering this error out of a sudden.

Thanks in advance!

Jin Hui
chivracq

Re: Login error using event click selector

Post by chivracq » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:40 pm

jinhui wrote:Hi,

I am using

Firefox 47.0 and iMacros 8.9.7 and running on Windows 7.
There is a small error when I automate the login. The error was password was incorrect and the password field was blank. It might be the case when the event click selector did not manage to click and login with an empty password field. It does not happen often but I need the error to stop occurring. I used event selector code to fill the username and password fields.

The code I used is:

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#login_input_user_id" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#login_input_user_id" CHARS="test"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#login_input_password" BUTTON=0
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#login_input_password" CHARS="test"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#login_login" BUTTON=0
As this is for first time login, the password will be the same as the username.

I would like to know why I am encountering this error out of a sudden.

Thanks in advance!

Jin Hui
Hum..., you didn't follow up anymore on or finish your first Thread btw... If you (hopefully...!?) managed to solve your Pb, you are expected to "finish" the Thread "a bit correctly" with some Explanation and/or sharing your final Script, in order to make that Thread a bit "useful" for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Qt/Pb or simply following that Thread... :idea:

Hum..., and same thing a bit for your 2nd (=previous) Thread actually, to which I didn't react at that time as I was kind of "waiting" for your Follow-up on your 1st Thread... (and I don't know much about VBA to be honest, ah-ah...!), I guess you probably managed to find the Answer to that one as well, and you would be expected to share the Solution...

Or if you didn't manage to find the Solution, you should/could have bumped it after a few days, say 1 week, if nobody replied in that Thread... There is not much-much Expertise about VBA on the Forum, as most Users using VBA with iMacros normally have a License for the Enterprise Edition and have direct Access to TechSupport and usually don't really bother checking the Forum... But in that "Case", I can always send a Mail to TechSup to ask them to check the Forum for some specific Thread(s) if I cannot answer it/them and no other (Advanced) User tried to help...

=> Would be nice if you finish/update those 2 Threads, I normally stop answering your next Threads if some previous Thread(s) was/were not followed up and/or finished "correctly"... :idea:

>>>

But OK, concerning this current one, could you post your Full Script...? (or at least from beginning (with the "relevant" parts) until that Login part, and a few Statements after as well...), I would need to know what Settings you use for '!ERRORIGNORE' and all '!TIMEOUT_xxx' Settings...? => Different possible Reasons for your Error Msg, that comes from the Site itself if I understand correctly, but hum..., not very "handy" if I have to enumerate them all as they will probably depend on (some Combination of) those Settings... :wink:

Any Reason as well why you are using the 'EVENT' Mode for this Login Page/Fields...?, the 'EVENT' Mode is rarely "needed" for Login & Password Input Fields...

Hum..., and stg you could already try is to add some mini-'WAIT' Statement of say "=0.5" or "=1" Sec after "typing" the Password and before clicking on the 'Login' Button..., the 'EVENT' Mode is a "slow" Mode when "typing" some Content, compared to the 'TAG' Mode... :idea:
And maybe one as well between the Login and the Password..., the Firefox Password Management System could be "interfering" a bit with your iMacros Script...
And "stupid" Qt..., you are sure you are on FF47...? (The FF Password Management System changed from FF51, I remember I had to modify 2 'about:config' Settings for some of my Scripts to keep working correctly for some Login & Password parts like they did before I updated FF from FF50 to FF51...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...