Can't find it anywhere

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rudino1982

Can't find it anywhere

Post by rudino1982 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:25 am

Hey guys,
I'm new in imacros and programming itself. Of course I did a lot of research before I decided to ask for help here .
I am using Windows 10 and the latest imacros downloaded 2 days ago. And here comes my question:
I have no problem recording the macro . The problem starts with editing the script. If I click with the cursor on a place where is a text (to be exact a number) on a web page it records the same number. But when I run it next time there a different number on the page as it's changing . So my question is how do I create a variable from the number from the place where I click and paste it somewhere else making it 1.05 bigger ?Thanks for you help guys . Have a nice day . Kind Regards. Rudy
chivracq

Re: Can't find it anywhere

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:07 pm

rudino1982 wrote:Hey guys,
I'm new in imacros and programming itself. Of course I did a lot of research before I decided to ask for help here .
I am using Windows 10 and the latest imacros downloaded 2 days ago. And here comes my question:
I have no problem recording the macro . The problem starts with editing the script. If I click with the cursor on a place where is a text (to be exact a number) on a web page it records the same number. But when I run it next time there a different number on the page as it's changing . So my question is how do I create a variable from the number from the place where I click and paste it somewhere else making it 1.05 bigger ?Thanks for you help guys . Have a nice day . Kind Regards. Rudy
Hum..., "... did a lot of research before...", yeah...!, pity you didn't include reading the Forum Rules nor reading a few Threads on the Forum, ah-ah...! :roll:

1- I nearly deleted your Post/Thread directly without even opening it, convinced from its useless/non-descriptive Thread Title that you were simply one of the many Spammers trying to spam the Forum every day. Your IP was luckily a bit "clean" so I "luckily" still checked its Content...

2- FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
Hum, I see some vague "latest" somewhere, but that's not enough...
You opened your Thread in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, but from the overall Low Quality of your Post, I'm not even sure you are on FF, you could have selected this Sub-Forum a bit "randomly"...

3- Wrong Sub-Forum (probably!)... The 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum is meant for Threads specific to FF only ('.js' Scripts or Scripts working in other Browsers but failing on FF), which can't be the case if you don't even mention your FCI... (But no need to duplicate now...)

4- And for the rest, read my Sig, your Post is of "Low Quality", no Script posted, no URL, no mention of what you've tried, etc...

=> Improve/correct all those Points for me to try to help you..., or I wish you good luck in your further "Research" and/or with other (Advanced) Users if any care(s) to help you... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
rudino1982

Post by rudino1982 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:34 pm

sorry mate let me try to explain a bit more:
VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 15
TAB T=1
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#buyord_table>TR:nth-of-type(20)>TD" BUTTON=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:label_buy_balance
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=CLASS:clCreateOrder

this is what I have tried. You see the version build there. I didn't really know which sub forum to choose but will try to be more accurate next time.
As I mentioned before I am trying to adjust this a bit. If I run this code it creates the buy order using the last buy price. I was trying to get the last buy price and paste it to the buy price field and make it bigger 1.05 times. I tried loads of things but without any success.
Thank you
Kind regards
Rudy
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:27 pm

rudino1982 wrote:sorry mate let me try to explain a bit more:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 15
TAB T=1
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#buyord_table>TR:nth-of-type(20)>TD" BUTTON=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:label_buy_balance
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=CLASS:clCreateOrder
this is what I have tried. You see the version build there. I didn't really know which sub forum to choose but will try to be more accurate next time.
As I mentioned before I am trying to adjust this a bit. If I run this code it creates the buy order using the last buy price. I was trying to get the last buy price and paste it to the buy price field and make it bigger 1.05 times. I tried loads of things but without any success.
Thank you
Kind regards
Rudy
Hum, OK, that's already a bit "better"... :D
=> FCI: iMB v12.0, Win10.
Hum..., nothing related to FF indeed then..., when in "doubt" for selecting the/a "correct" Sub-Forum, the 'General' one is always OK... (for next time then...)

But...!, you missed Item '1-' about the Thread Title for me to follow up, "Can't find it anywhere" is completely "useless" like I already mentioned, sorry...!, nobody searching the Forum with a similar Case/Qt/Pb will ever use those Terms as Search Keywords, you need to give a Descriptive Title about its Content and your Qt/Pb for me to answer it... :roll:
=> You have 64 Chars to find a Descriptive Title..., hum, make it 60 as the last 4 Chars get truncated in Replies because of the "Re: " that automatically gets prepended..., but that should be long enough to be "creatively Descriptive", ah-ah...! :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
rudino1982

Post by rudino1982 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:44 pm

can I change it somehow? the thread...
I am thinking maybe it would be enough to copy the value in the sell price field and paste it back time 1.05... if it makes sense

Thank you. I will get better once I will settle down here a bit