Error when closing Firefox

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
pomcompot

Error when closing Firefox

Post by pomcompot » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:14 am

I got this message when closing Firefox : Reference error : FirefoxInstance_Closing is not defined .

I have not yet record any macro, and I know it comes from the iMacros extension because it has disappeared when I disable it.

I cannot make a deep test because I have more than 60 extensions, and it's can be a incompatibility between two of them. Maybe DejaClick by AlertSite that I have installed some days after, but it is strange because with only iMacros enabled, I still have the problem.
frankl

Post by frankl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi,
I get the same message after Update from version 6.0.4 to 6.0.6! :cry:
jonastio

Post by jonastio » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Using Centos 4.4 and iMacro 0.6.0.6 and Firefox 2.0.0.2:

While iMacro is enabled, I cannot use the Quit command from the File menu (however, closing the window using the X at the top right hand corner works).
No error shows, it just won't accept the command.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:46 pm

We confirmed that with iMacros V0.6.0.6 installed, the Firefox FILE > EXIT menu stops working. This issue will be fixed as soon as possible. Of course, you can still close Firefox with the "X" button in the top right corner.
pomcompot

Post by pomcompot » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:03 am

Personally, I also get the message with the upper right close button.
frankl

Post by frankl » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:32 pm

pomcompot wrote:Personally, I also get the message with the upper right close button.
Me too :cry:
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:16 pm

The bug described in this thread does not cause any message. I assume you mean this issue: http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=2710
pomcompot

Post by pomcompot » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 am

No, I confirm this is not the same message you pointed to. It's exactly the message that I described when opening this thread.

But, as I previously said, the high number of extensions installed on my Firefox could explain a uncommon behavior. I can't help you much more. Just saying what I see.
jonastio

Post by jonastio » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 pm

Frankly, your post is rather worthless. At the very *least* you could have noted the Operating System, version of Firefox, and version of iMacros.
It would have been better if you would have listed the extensions and the versions of said extensions.
If you can't be bothered to take the time to give a little bit of information, don't expect tech support to invest their resources into resolving an untestable bug.
pomcompot

Post by pomcompot » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:33 pm

What a charmfull answer !

As I said, I got more than 65 extensions. I could post their listing, but I don't think it would be very useful.

I agree that posting more informations would have been better. I also agree that you could have asked them a bit more politely.

Here are the informations :
- iMacros 0.6.0.6
- Windows XP SP2
- Firefox 2.0.0.2

To be really honest, I'm developer and I know how to post a bug. There are some reasons why I don't give more precisions :
  • -it's my first post in this forum and I don't know the quality of the support and how the problem are taken into account, If the answers have asked me to post more details, I will do it,
  • -in the conditions I've described - a lot of extensions, I don't think it's very useful to describe a step by step process,
  • -there are no sticky or note in the faq to indicate the way to post a bug (or I didn't find it).
I didn't come here to be assaulted. I could have keep this bug for me and simply uninstall this extension. I think that describing my problem is more useful than blaming people in a particularly impolite manner. It's the best way to discourage people from helping.

If you need more details, I'm ready to give my list of extensions and to make deeper tests on a void profile with only iMacros installed.

PS : Maybe my English is not perfect, excuse-me, I'm French.
jonastio

Post by jonastio » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:54 pm

"Well allow me to retort."
It was not supposed to be charming. It was supposed to be factual.
"To be really honest," I work as a SysAdmin and when I hear something that smacks of "It's broke, fix it" with no inkling of a way to determine if there even *is* a problem I give as much respect to the "bug" reporter as they gave to me.

For the listing of the extensions:
Since there is another person that has this issue, if you both would have listed the extensions, by simple elimination you can narrow down where the issue could possibly be. No step by step process needed.

As far as the quality of support, one only has to look at the "response" column to determine that yes, they respond (usually within 24 hours), and upon looking at a couple, take well reported bugs seriously.

And if you really *are* a developer, do you really need a FAQ on how to post a bug?

Finally, you spent more time griping about my little response than you did to report the bug. Where's your resource management?

Tech Support and SysAdmin's don't start off as jerks. It's a defense mechanism we learn at work.

P.S. Your English isn't bad at all.
pomcompot

Post by pomcompot » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:07 pm

You're just the type of person that discourage people from helping. Sure that with your diplomacy, you may not be very helpful in tech supporting.

Let tech support of this site do their job. If they want more details on my problem, they could ask, I'm available.

And please, don't waste your time for typing unhelpful and impolite messages.
jonastio

Post by jonastio » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:22 pm

How in the *world* were you helping?
pomcompot

Post by pomcompot » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:29 pm

Please ...
addiktion

Post by addiktion » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:36 am

I get this same issue also.

Firefox 2.0.0.3 & the latest imacros 0.6.0.6. I push the X and a dialog pops up with the same error described up top.