Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
as892

Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Post by as892 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:46 am

Hello,
i use iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3

How do I solve the problem of entering a colon (:) character in the text area?

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://website.com ATTR=ID:hour_minutes CONTENT=17:09
The problem is not permanent, but only once.

Thanks!
Last edited by as892 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Problem with colon (:) character

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am

as892 wrote:Hello,
i use

iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3
How do I solve the problem of entering a colon (:) character in the text area?

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://website.com ATTR=ID:hour_minutes CONTENT=17:09
The problem is not permanent, but only once.

Thanks!
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF55/56...?, OS...?

And you don't mention in which other Browser(s) you've tested that the Pb is specific to FF...

Yeah, well, what is the Pb then...?
(And I don't understand the "not permanent, but only once" part...)

You don't mention the URL for your Site/Page, but this one works just fine for me...:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28471
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:searchbox_* ATTR=NAME:q CONTENT=17:09
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10_x64.)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
as892

Post by as892 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

Firefox 51.0 (32-bit)
Windows 7

Only occasionally there is a problem with colon (:) character (Under the same other conditions).

What is "Pb"?

Your code does not work with me:

Wrong CONTENT specifier 17:09, line: 4 (Error code: -925) :(

identical error :wink:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 am

as892 wrote:

Firefox 51.0 (32-bit)
Windows 7
Only occasionally there is a problem with colon (:) character (Under the same other conditions).

What is "Pb"?

Your code does not work with me:

Wrong CONTENT specifier 17:09, line: 4 (Error code: -925) :(

identical error :wink:
OK for FCI...
"Pb" = "Problem"

The mini-Script I posted is to be run on this very current Page (on the Forum), not on your Site...

The RuntimeError you mention is not for a "standard" 'INPUT:TEXT' like we have for the 'Search' Input Field on this Forum but for a SelectBox (DDLB), probably dynamically populated and/or with some Background JS Validation...

Not much I can do if I cannot have a look at the Site myself..., and your Script is apparently "correct" if it works "sometimes"..., especially if it works in other Browser, you didn't react to that part... :roll:
(Or did you select the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum a bit "randomly"...!? Try to select the correct Sub-Forum when opening a Thread, and when in doubt, the 'General' one is always OK... The 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum is for Pb's/Threads specific to FF only, meaning that your Script works in other Browsers but fails on FF, or if you are using a '.js' Script, which is not your case...)

Things you can try...:
1- Add some mini-'WAIT' Statements before and after the "faulty" Statement...
2- Activate '!ERRORIGNORE', maybe the Field still gets filled in and the JS Validation doesn't abort the Script...
3- Try using the 'EVENT' Mode which is a bit "slower" than the 'TAG' Mode and might allow a bit more time for the JS Validation and "feels" more like human Typing, especially if the Validation is done Char by Char as the User is typing...
4- You can try inputting "1709" instead of "17:09" (=> without the Colon), maybe it gets automatically added by the Formatting/Validation on the Field...
5- If you look at the Source of the Page, there might be some "parallel" Hidden 'Input' Field that you could use instead...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
as892

Re: Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Post by as892 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I can not fix the problem. I just replaced Firefox with a Chrome.

Thanks for your time.
chivracq

Re: Problem with colon (:) character (Error code: -925)

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 pm

as892 wrote:I can not fix the problem. I just replaced Firefox with a Chrome.

Thanks for your time.
Hum, OK, so replacing FF with CR solves your Pb, (you could have mentioned your FCI on CR then btw, I reckon iMacros for CR v10.0.1_Free + CR64/65), and using the same Script...! OK, that's usually the other way around, ah-ah...! :|

Hum, then your Pb was actually related to FF and you selected the correct Sub-Forum then in the end, ah-ah...! :wink:

But, OK, glad your Script is working now...! :D