Cant Select dropdown menu.

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Siladamas

Cant Select dropdown menu.

Post by Siladamas » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Hello im trying to select from a dropdown menu.
Im using

Firefox 47
Windows 10
iMacros 8.9.7

i have use this one but, it doesnt work

posting+="TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:selectBox-arrow"+"\n"
posting+="TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:frm_add_product ATTR=NAME:s-etalase CONTENT=${{!COL10}}"+"\n"

this one work for the other dropdown menu (category menu) but it doesnt work for (etalase menu)

after i check with the imacros event recording mode it show some difference between the category and etalase menu)

this is for the category menu
TAG SELECTOR="#slct-p-dep-1>A>SPAN"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>UL:nth-of-type(5)>LI:nth-of-type(2)>A"

and this one for the etalase menu
TAG SELECTOR="#s-etalase>DIV>DIV>DIV>A>SPAN"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>UL:nth-of-type(4)>LI:nth-of-type(2)>A"

please help, how to choose from the dropdown menu of the etalase menu..

btw , im using JS
Last edited by Siladamas on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
chivracq

Re: Cant Select dropdown menu.

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 am

Siladamas wrote:Hello im trying to select from a dropdown menu.

i have use this one but, it doesnt work

Code: Select all

posting+="TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:selectBox-arrow"+"\n"
posting+="TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:frm_add_product ATTR=NAME:s-etalase CONTENT=${{!COL10}}"+"\n"
this one work for the other dropdown menu (category menu) but it doesnt work for (etalase menu)

after i check with the imacros event recording mode it show some difference between the category and etalase menu)

this is for the category menu

TAG SELECTOR="#slct-p-dep-1>A>SPAN"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>UL:nth-of-type(5)>LI:nth-of-type(2)>A"
and this one for the etalase menu

TAG SELECTOR="#s-etalase>DIV>DIV>DIV>A>SPAN"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>UL:nth-of-type(4)>LI:nth-of-type(2)>A"
please help, how to choose from the dropdown menu of the etalase menu..

btw , im using JS
(F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (... for me to have a look, read my Sig... :idea: :roll: )

(But good-good, I see 2 mini-Scripts using the 'EVENT' Mode, thus good-good-good, you already found it, I will then be nice and only call you "Half-Dumbo" if you don't answer my previous Qt/Post correctly, ah-ah...! :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Siladamas

Post by Siladamas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:19 am

chivracq wrote: (F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (... for me to have a look, read my Sig... :idea: :roll: )

(But good-good, I see 2 mini-Scripts using the 'EVENT' Mode, thus good-good-good, you already found it, I will then be nice and only call you "Half-Dumbo" if you don't answer my previous Qt/Post correctly, ah-ah...! :wink: )

have i answer your question? or should i provide more info? please let me know. thank you
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:56 am

Siladamas wrote:have i answer your question? or should i provide more info? please let me know. thank you
(F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (... for me to have a look, read my Sig... :idea: :roll: )

(But good-good, I see 2 mini-Scripts using the 'EVENT' Mode, thus good-good-good, you already found it, I will then be nice and only call you "Half-Dumbo" ah-ah...!,if you don't answer my previous Qt/Post correctly, ah-ah...! :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:19 am

Siladamas wrote:Im using

Firefox 47
Windows 10
iMacros 8.9.7
Siladamas wrote:
chivracq wrote: (F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (... for me to have a look, read my Sig... :idea: :roll: )

have i answer your question? or should i provide more info? please let me know. thank you
Yes-yes, give me a few minutes for my "final" Reply, but don't worry, I won't call you "Half-Dumbo" ah-ah...! :twisted:
But Friends at my Place, so I will only have a short time..., I thought URL from the Site was missing for me to have a look...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:29 am

Yes sorry, have Friends over for the moment, difficult for me to "concentrate" on your Case right now (they all pretend they know THE Answer, ah-ah...! as they see me "busy" on the Forum trying to quickly answer some Thread, and 4 out 6 have never heard of "iMacros" I would think, ah-ah...!), but hum, not URL posted, I'm afraid there is not much I can do for you anyway then...!!???

(OK, I'll have a second look "tomorrow" just in case...) :wink:
Siladamas

Post by Siladamas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:45 am

This is the link
https://www.tokopedia.com/product-add-v ... =addpdhead

But it need a login first, so i will make an account for you to take a look..

Anyway happy sunday..
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:03 am

Siladamas wrote:This is the link
https://www.tokopedia.com/product-add-v ... =addpdhead

But it need a login first, so i will make an account for you to take a look..

Anyway happy sunday..
Euh yep indeed... (about L&P)... Provide some Test L&P, sorry, I don't register ah-ah..!! :wink:

If you make a Test L&P, that I can use for some mini-test (hum, I hope nothing Social Media or Spam related, but stg with *pedia*.com doesn't sound any Spam-related, luckily, ah-ah...!), I couldn't have a look indeed...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:40 am

Oh...!, I wanted to have a look at your Site but I guess you haven't created the Test Account yet...
If you don't want to post the L&P "publicly" in the Thread, you can "fake" report one of the Posts in this Thread (the '!' Button next to 'Edit' / 'Quote'), then you get some Input Field where you can add a "Comment" and I'm the only one who can see your "Report" (together with the Forum Admin)...

But hum, if I understand your Pb a bit correctly, the 'TAG' Mode doesn't work "correctly" to select an Item from your 's-etalase' DDLB but the 'EVENT' Mode does work and you want to find a "Correlation" between the Data you have by 'Name' in your DataSource and the corresponding 'nth-of-type(4)' when using the 'EVENT' Mode... OK... 8)

Oh...!, but wait...!! No-no-no, ah-ah...!, you are not trying to use the 'EVENT' Mode but the 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode instead..., ah-ah...! :shock:
But, nope...!, that's not possible, this 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode is currently only supported in iMacros for CR, v8.4.4 and v10.0.1, I think..., and you clearly state in your FCI that you are on FF, using iMacros for FF v8.9.7 + FF47 + Win10, where this Mode is not supported (yet...?)..., and not even on v9.0.3 for FF either...

v8.9.7 for FF still works on FF v55.0.3 as well (my FCI), if you feel like updating FF47 to a somewhat later Version... :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:57 am

Hum..., forget about the Test Account, some other User that I don't want to help anymore just opened a "suspiciously" very/too exact Duplicate of your Thread... :? :
- Re: drop down list box selection
This other User is semi-Advanced and will probably manage to find a Solution by themselves like they often do, but never search the Forum and never share their Solution (Reason why I stopped helping them...), you might have a "better Chance" if you post in their Thread to ask them to post their Solution once they will have found a way to select from that DDLB... :idea:
Well, good luck anyway... :wink:
techimac

Post by techimac » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:15 am

need solution fast for etalese please
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:57 pm

techimac wrote:need solution fast for etalese please
Yeah well, 8 or 10 days later and @OP didn't follow up anymore, I reckon they probably found a Solution but couldn't get bothered to share it either...
=> Perfect "Demonstration" of "Users helping Users" and [not] sharing their Solution, Reason why I stopped helping you @techimac... :shock:

Now you'll have to wait until they encounter another "Problem" and get "desperate" enough to open a New Thread as I won't try to help them (again) then, until they will have shared their Solution for this current Thread... :wink: