Cannot Extract Emails Created

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
daxam

Cannot Extract Emails Created

Post by daxam » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:19 am

Config Info
Firefox 56.0.2
imacros 8.9.7
windows 7 Pro

I've been trying to scrape the emails from email provider, gmx for the past 2 days. Couldn't get it to save into csv file. Nothing was saved actually :cry: Here's my simple code

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
FRAME NAME="mail"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:table_field<SP>table_col-12&&ID:id240 EXTRACT=TXT
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=debug.csv

The thing that troubles me is I can actually see the email is extracted from the pop up message box. See attached image. Is there something wrong with my code? Searched the forum and google, couldn't find what's wrong with the code :cry:
Pop Up Message
Pop Up Message
chivracq

Re: Cannot Extract Emails Created

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:36 pm

daxam wrote:Config Info

Code: Select all

Firefox 56.0.2
imacros 8.9.7
windows 7 Pro
I've been trying to scrape the emails from email provider, gmx for the past 2 days. Couldn't get it to save into csv file. Nothing was saved actually :cry: Here's my simple code

TAB T=1
FRAME NAME="mail"
[/color]

The thing that troubles me is I can actually see the email is extracted from the pop up message box. See attached image. Is there something wrong with my code? Searched the forum and google, couldn't find what's wrong with the code :cry:
Pop Up Msg.JPG
Looks like the Extract contains some (soft) Tabs and/or Returns that either generate a "very big" Cell that might fall outside of your Screen, when opening your '.CSV' from Excel/OO or maybe even with the E-mail Data landing into some far Cell in some Col on the Right outside of your Screen if you selected 'Tab' (or maybe even 'Space') as Separator in the '.CSV' Import Options in Excel...

Check by opening your '.CSV' with 'Notepad' that the extracted Data is indeed present in the 'SAVEAS'...

=> Then you would need to use 'EVAL()' to "clean up" a bit all those (Soft) Tabs/Returns from the Extract..., and I guess you don't need the "(Default sender address)" either in your 'SAVEAS'...
It might then be "easier" to clean the Data from 'EXTRACT=HTM' instead of your 'EXTRACT=TXT'. :idea:
... Or that 'DIV' might contain some other inner 'DIV'/'SPAN' Field(s) for which 'EXTRACT=TXT' might give directly a "cleaner" Content...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
daxam

Post by daxam » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Thanks for your reply, chivracq. You are my savior! :D I only noticed what's going on after using Notepad to open the csv file. The data is there all the time, but was hiding in Excel cell. I have to press "F2" to see the data. See image below. Oh man, I spent 2 days debugging this! :oops:

Thanks so much for the help, chivracq :D
Excel csv
Excel csv
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:34 pm

daxam wrote:Thanks for your reply, chivracq. You are my savior! :D I only noticed what's going on after using Notepad to open the csv file. The data is there all the time, but was hiding in Excel cell. I have to press "F2" to see the data. See image below. Oh man, I spent 2 days debugging this! :oops:

csv file.JPG
Yep..., that's indeed what I "suspected", ah-ah...! :wink:

Cleaning up your Extract would still be "a good Idea", I would think, like for example:

TAB T=1
FRAME NAME="mail"
SET Email EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('('); y=x[0]; z=y.trim(); z;")
SET !EXTRACT {{Email}}
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
daxam

Post by daxam » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:30 am

chivracq wrote:
daxam wrote:Thanks for your reply, chivracq. You are my savior! :D I only noticed what's going on after using Notepad to open the csv file. The data is there all the time, but was hiding in Excel cell. I have to press "F2" to see the data. See image below. Oh man, I spent 2 days debugging this! :oops:

csv file.JPG
Yep..., that's indeed what I "suspected", ah-ah...! :wink:

Cleaning up your Extract would still be "a good Idea", I would think, like for example:

TAB T=1
FRAME NAME="mail"
SET Email EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('('); y=x[0]; z=y.trim(); z;")
SET !EXTRACT {{Email}}
Sorry for the late reply. Was on business trip. Wow, thanks for the guidance in cleaning up the extract! Thanks so much, chivracq :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:29 pm

daxam wrote:Sorry for the late reply. Was on business trip. Wow, thanks for the guidance in cleaning up the extract! Thanks so much, chivracq :D
Ah-ah...!, don't worry, always glad to help... :D