Problem Filling In Sign Up Form

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
daxam

Problem Filling In Sign Up Form

Post by daxam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Config Info
Firefox 56.0.2
imacros 8.9.7
windows 7 Pro

I'm trying to fill in a sign up form and by using the experimental event recording mode, "favor elements Ids" in selectors option ticked, below is how the codes are captured.
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#ida" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#ida" CHARS="Peter"

If I were to un-tick the "favor elements Ids" option, below is what I get instead.
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" CHARS="Peter"

The code using the id worked for me at the beginning, but as I run the script for multiple iterations, the ID changed, from "ida" to "ide"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#ide" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#ide" CHARS="Peter"

I told myself, ok, this is fine, not the end of the day, I'll just use the other two lines of code stated above then which works for me most of the time, but guess I was too optimistic. The element changed also.. See the codes captured below
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" CHARS="Peter"

I've been searching and searching in the forum and google, couldn't find any solutions. Appreciate if someone could provide some hints/insights on how to deal with this. Thanks. I'm already clueless :cry:
thecoder2012

Re: Problem Filling In Sign Up Form

Post by thecoder2012 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:32 pm

daxam wrote:I've been searching and searching in the forum and google, couldn't find any solutions. Appreciate if someone could provide some hints/insights on how to deal with this. Thanks. I'm already clueless :cry:
Website url or html code possible for your imacros code?
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
daxam

Post by daxam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:46 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
daxam wrote:I've been searching and searching in the forum and google, couldn't find any solutions. Appreciate if someone could provide some hints/insights on how to deal with this. Thanks. I'm already clueless :cry:
Thanks for helping, thecoder2012. Here's the website URL
https://service.gmx.com/registration.ht ... -signup2-1
howardmrhodes

Post by howardmrhodes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 am

daxam wrote:
thecoder2012 wrote:
Thanks for helping, thecoder2012. Here's the website URL
https://service.gmx.com/registration.ht ... -signup2-1
just use both ida and ide codes, with timeout step and errorignore
daxam

Post by daxam » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:59 am

Thanks, howardmrhodes. I tried but it seems like the id codes are more than two. As I run more and more times, the id code could be any arbitrary number.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:00 am

daxam wrote:Thanks, howardmrhodes. I tried but it seems like the id codes are more than two. As I run more and more times, the id code could be any arbitrary number.
Then use the record function without "Favor element Ids in selectors", fixed coords (with mouse clicks and keypress events) or use javascript.

Example with few fields:

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=https://registrieren.gmx.net/
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:pos-input-radio__checker&&TXT:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION>ONEREG-ALIAS-CHECK>FIELDSET>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>POS-INPUT>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION>ONEREG-ALIAS-CHECK>FIELDSET>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>POS-INPUT>INPUT" CHARS="name"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION:nth-of-type(2)>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>ONEREG-PERSONAL-INFO>FIELDSET>ONEREG-FORM-ROW>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>POS-INPUT>INPUT" CHARS="firstname"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION:nth-of-type(2)>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>ONEREG-PERSONAL-INFO>FIELDSET>ONEREG-FORM-ROW:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>POS-INPUT>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION:nth-of-type(2)>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>ONEREG-PERSONAL-INFO>FIELDSET>ONEREG-FORM-ROW:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>POS-INPUT>INPUT" CHARS="secondname"
Tested with iMacros 8.9.7, Win8.1, Waterfox 55 and with IP from Germany.
Last edited by thecoder2012 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
daxam

Post by daxam » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:35 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
daxam wrote:Thanks, howardmrhodes. I tried but it seems like the id codes are more than two. As I run more and more times, the id code could be any arbitrary number.
Then use the record function without "Favor element Ids in selectors" or use javascript.

Example with few fields:

URL GOTO=https://registrieren.gmx.net/
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:pos-input-radio__checker&&TXT:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION>ONEREG-ALIAS-CHECK>FIELDSET>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>POS-INPUT>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION>ONEREG-ALIAS-CHECK>FIELDSET>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>POS-INPUT>INPUT" CHARS="name"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION:nth-of-type(2)>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>ONEREG-PERSONAL-INFO>FIELDSET>ONEREG-FORM-ROW>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>POS-INPUT>INPUT" CHARS="firstname"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION:nth-of-type(2)>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>ONEREG-PERSONAL-INFO>FIELDSET>ONEREG-FORM-ROW:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>POS-INPUT>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>ONEREG-APP>DIV>ONEREG-FORM>DIV>DIV>FORM>SECTION>SECTION:nth-of-type(2)>ONEREG-PROGRESS-METER>ONEREG-PERSONAL-INFO>FIELDSET>ONEREG-FORM-ROW:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>POS-INPUT>INPUT" CHARS="secondname"
Thanks for helping on this, thecoder2012. I tried using this record function with "Favor element Ids in selectors", but it doesn't work also. The element changes, like the ID. See snapshot below. If you look at my very initial message in this thread, I did mention that also. Anyway, let me summarize it here.

Beginning
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" CHARS="Peter"

After few iterations
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FORM>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>FIELDSET>UL>LI>DIV>SPAN>INPUT" CHARS="Peter"
Attachments
Error_gmx.PNG
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:04 am

daxam wrote:Thanks for helping on this, thecoder2012. I tried using this record function with "Favor element Ids in selectors", but it doesn't work also. The element changes, like the ID. See snapshot below. If you look at my very initial message in this thread, I did mention that also. Anyway, let me summarize it here.
Sorry but I have your element changes not in my tests. You have used it with multiple IPs, Languages and more?
You can use Javascript (*.js) with direct access if EVAL, TIMEOUT Steps, URL Goto with Javascript and other solutions are not enough.

Example with few fields in Javascript:

var utils = window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor).getInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindowUtils);
iimPlayCode("URL GOTO=https://registrieren.gmx.net/");
iimPlayCode("TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=NAME:salutation");
var inputs = window.document.getElementsByTagName('input');
for(i=0;i<inputs.length;i++){
	if(i == 4 && (/text/).test(inputs[i].getAttribute("type"))) {
		inputs[i].focus();
		"firstname".split("").forEach(function(mychar) {
			['keydown','keypress','keyup'].forEach(function(type) {
				utils.sendKeyEvent(type, 0, mychar.charCodeAt(0), 0, 0);
			});
		});
	}
	if(i == 5 && (/text/).test(inputs[i].getAttribute("type"))) {
		inputs[i].focus();
		"familyname".split("").forEach(function(mychar) {
			});
		});
	}
}
utils.sendKeyEvent('keypress', window.KeyEvent["DOM_VK_TAB"], 0, 0, 0);
"12345".split("").forEach(function(mychar) {
	});
});
Tested with iMacros 8.9.7, Win8.1 and Waterfox 55
daxam

Post by daxam » Fri May 04, 2018 6:05 am

Thanks, thecoder2012. Yes, I did try it with multiple IPs. Multiple languages nope.

Thanks so much for the example. I'm not really experienced in javascript programming, but I'll spend some time digest what you provided here. Thanks again for the help :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 04, 2018 12:59 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:Example with few fields in Javascript:

var utils = window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor).getInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindowUtils);
iimPlayCode("URL GOTO=https://registrieren.gmx.net/");
iimPlayCode("TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=NAME:salutation");
var inputs = window.document.getElementsByTagName('input');
for(i=0;i<inputs.length;i++){
	if(i == 4 && (/text/).test(inputs[i].getAttribute("type"))) {
		inputs[i].focus();
		"firstname".split("").forEach(function(mychar) {
			});
		});
	}
	if(i == 5 && (/text/).test(inputs[i].getAttribute("type"))) {
		inputs[i].focus();
		"familyname".split("").forEach(function(mychar) {
			});
		});
	}
}
"12345".split("").forEach(function(mychar) {
	});
});
Tested with iMacros 8.9.7, Win8.1 and Waterfox 55
Ouf-ouf-ouf...!, this Thread is getting more and more "cumbersome" (concerning the possible "Solutions"), ah-ah...!, but nice Example as this Script is using a few "Interesting" JS Functions though..., I'll bookmark it for that... 8)

But hum, there was some very simple Solution using the 'TAG' Mode when I had had a look at this Thread/Site at the time when @OP had opened it..., that I didn't want to post as I don't "like" helping for creating E-mails as this "Functionality" is usually wanted/used for Spam... :shock:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 pm

chivracq wrote:Ouf-ouf-ouf...!, this Thread is getting more and more "cumbersome" (concerning the possible "Solutions"), ah-ah...!, but nice Example as this Script is using a few "Interesting" JS Functions though..., I'll bookmark it for that... 8)
Yes but I think it's not possible in FF57+ for the (imacros) future. :x
I'm unsure. See nsITextInputProcessor#How_to_create_KeyboardEvent_instance_for_nsITextInputProcessor but was not possible with iMacros in my tests and TAB key (KeyboardEvent not found).
chivracq wrote:But hum, there was some very simple Solution using the 'TAG' Mode when I had had a look at this Thread/Site at the time when @OP had opened it...,
I think it was not possible with (few) element changes in my eyes in this case. (GeoIP/Languages=more forms/positions)
chivracq wrote:that I didn't want to post as I don't "like" helping for creating E-mails as this "Functionality" is usually wanted/used for Spam... :shock:
We need more captchas. :lol:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat May 05, 2018 4:47 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
chivracq wrote:Ouf-ouf-ouf...!, this Thread is getting more and more "cumbersome" (concerning the possible "Solutions"), ah-ah...!, but nice Example as this Script is using a few "Interesting" JS Functions though..., I'll bookmark it for that... 8)
Yes but I think it's not possible in FF57+ for the (imacros) future. :x
I'm unsure. See nsITextInputProcessor#How_to_create_KeyboardEvent_instance_for_nsITextInputProcessor but was not possible with iMacros in my tests and TAB key (KeyboardEvent not found).
chivracq wrote:But hum, there was some very simple Solution using the 'TAG' Mode when I had had a look at this Thread/Site at the time when @OP had opened it...,
I think it was not possible with (few) element changes in my eyes in this case. (GeoIP/Languages=more forms/positions)
chivracq wrote:that I didn't want to post as I don't "like" helping for creating E-mails as this "Functionality" is usually wanted/used for Spam... :shock:
We need more captchas. :lol:
Yeah, whatever... :roll: as I don't want to go "too deep" to have to post my Sol as I don't "support" the Original "Aim"of the Thread... :roll:
But don't worry, when I say I tried stg, and I "tested" it , and I say "it works", then "it works", ah-ah...! :twisted:

[I don't think I ever made one single Mistake related to a Script supposed to work or not..., in the last 5 years since I joined the Forum, I sometimes find "Incorrectnesses" in older Posts of mine from 3-4-5 years ago, usually due to new Workarounds found since, and I then add some 'EDIT' part or a new Post... :wink:
(Well, 'EDIT' if my Post was completely in the middle of the Thread, and a new Post (preferably) if I feel I should post some Update..., maybe due to some 1-2-3 years later "Thinking"/Knowledge, ah-ah...!)
Last edited by chivracq on Sun May 06, 2018 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat May 05, 2018 10:30 pm

You can try this logic
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:First<SP>Name
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=FirstName
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Last<SP>Name
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=LastName
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Desired<SP>Email<SP>Address
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=Email
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat May 05, 2018 10:31 pm

How you going to solve recaptcha?
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:38 am

daxam wrote:Yes, I did try it with multiple IPs. Multiple languages nope.
Which countries (geoip)? Then I can test it.
chivracq wrote:But don't worry, when I say I tried stg, and I "tested" it , and I say "it works", then "it works", ah-ah...! :twisted:
With all element changes? Tested with multiple ips (like 10 countries)? :wink:
I think we have enough solutions in this thread and the form has more than one captcha thing (geoip). 8)
techimac wrote:How you going to solve recaptcha?
Magic, OCR for text captchas, objectscan or captcha service. :wink:
The site has RCv2 (CA) and text captcha (DE/EU). Form has GeoIP things.
techimac wrote:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:First<SP>Name
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=FirstName
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Last<SP>Name
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=LastName
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Desired<SP>Email<SP>Address
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=Email
Passed not all element changes (wrong language things) in my tests but nice try. Code-Tag is very helpful!