can't assign/input the basic TEXT value for 3 blanks

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
imacro_guy

can't assign/input the basic TEXT value for 3 blanks

Post by imacro_guy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi Team,
===========Versions===========
------iMacros------
iMacros for Firefox
------Browser------
Firefox
------OS------
Windows7 64 bit
:?: :?: :o
in alibaba.com's product editing page, i ran with the script(.iim) as beneath(the main part):

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:productForm ATTR=ID:priceRangeMin CONTENT=120
WAIT SECONDS=100
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:productForm ATTR=ID:priceRangeMax CONTENT=230
WAIT SECONDS=100
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:productForm ATTR=ID:minOrderQuantity CONTENT=30
while after more than 10 times trial, it comes out to be the same result,
as above, the value "120", "230", "30", can't be INPUTTED into the targeted blank.

how can that happen?

i mean, the script above is i RECORDED as i fill in the targeted blank MANUALLY, so it can't be wrong by its nature.

and just now i took the screen of the above process for more closely investigation, and just noticed that it DO filled into the targeted blank, but just flashed back into the original value, e.g: the original value of priceRangeMin is "110", now i want to change it into my coded value("120"), so the above process will fill in "120", but flash back into "110"(almost just instantly).

what's weird is that: the other value in this site, as the above code's format, is totally fine(the value can be assigned as expected.

i'm familiar with iMacros for Firefox for more than 1 years, and the above "issue" is the 1st time i met with, i mean, it can't be happened as the issue as expected.

so how can this happen?
any one how to avoid the "issue" here?

Thanks for your support/help.
chivracq

Re: can't assign/input the basic TEXT value for 3 blanks

Post by chivracq » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm

imacro_guy wrote:Hi Team,
===========Versions===========
------iMacros------
iMacros for Firefox
------Browser------
Firefox
------OS------
Windows7 64 bit
:?: :?: :o
in alibaba.com's product editing page, i ran with the script(.iim) as beneath(the main part):

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:productForm ATTR=ID:priceRangeMin CONTENT=120
WAIT SECONDS=100
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:productForm ATTR=ID:priceRangeMax CONTENT=230
WAIT SECONDS=100
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:productForm ATTR=ID:minOrderQuantity CONTENT=30
while after more than 10 times trial, it comes out to be the same result,
as above, the value "120", "230", "30", can't be INPUTTED into the targeted blank.

how can that happen?

i mean, the script above is i RECORDED as i fill in the targeted blank MANUALLY, so it can't be wrong by its nature.

and just now i took the screen of the above process for more closely investigation, and just noticed that it DO filled into the targeted blank, but just flashed back into the original value, e.g: the original value of priceRangeMin is "110", now i want to change it into my coded value("120"), so the above process will fill in "120", but flash back into "110"(almost just instantly).

what's weird is that: the other value in this site, as the above code's format, is totally fine(the value can be assigned as expected.

i'm familiar with iMacros for Firefox for more than 1 years, and the above "issue" is the 1st time i met with, i mean, it can't be happened as the issue as expected.

so how can this happen?
any one how to avoid the "issue" here?

Thanks for your support/help.
Hum,, the Site looks full of (Background) JavaScript and there is probably some (Background) Validation on those Input Fields that does not "catch" the Input from the 'TAG' Statements... => Try using the 'EVENT' Mode... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
imacro_guy

Re: can't assign/input the basic TEXT value for 3 blanks

Post by imacro_guy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks chivracq for your prompt approval and reply.

i followed what you guide and make it just now, this tool is just so good and convenient.
:D :D