Migration problem from working FF macro to bad iMacros Brows

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dfinkels

Migration problem from working FF macro to bad iMacros Brows

Post by dfinkels » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:27 pm

I created a macro using the Firefox add-in (VERSION BUILD=5200814 RECORDER=FF). The macro opens a webpage and saves an archive to a drive. I want to run this macro at a specific time of each weekday. I installed the iMacros Browser. I followed the instructions about renameing, copying, and registering the DLLs found in the readme first.txt. Everything works fine so far. I copied my Firefox recorded macro (found in C:\Documents and Settings\dfinkelstein\Application Data\iMacros\Macros) to the iMacros.exe macro folder (C:\Program Files\iMacros\Macros\). When I try to run my firefox macro in the iMacros Browser, I get a quick "0VERSION BUILD=5220125" and then it ends.

Any ideas? I will paste the working Firefox macro below.

I have some other questions as well:
1 - Can I launch Firefox plug-in recoreded macros with Windows Scripting? It seems like I have to use the iMacros Browser.
2 - Which iMacros version do I need to run a program with Windows Scripting? Scripting? Pro?
3 - Can I use Windows scripting to launch a Firefox macro? (My company blocks Internet Explorer by default, I have to get exceptions for each website)

working FF macro:

VERSION BUILD=5220125

set !replayspeed fast
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS

ONLOGIN USER=xxxx PASSWORD=yyyy
URL GOTO=https://www.creditsights.com/default?
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:HomeMTemplate ATTR=ID:CSTopNavLogin1_UserLogin_btnGo&&VALUE:Go

'*************************************************
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Morning<SP>Comments
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:US<SP>Morning<SP>Comment*

TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=ALT:Printer<SP>Friendly
TAB T=2

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Worth<SP>Watching*
'*************************************************

'ONPRINT P=2
'WAIT SECONDS=5
'ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK
'PRINT

'SAVEAS TYPE=MHT FOLDER=I:\MassEmail FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}
SAVEAS TYPE=MHT FOLDER=I:\MassEmail FILE=+_+WorthWatching+{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}

'Wait a few seconds
WAIT SECONDS=3
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Migration problem from working FF macro to bad iMacros B

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:59 pm

dfinkels wrote:When I try to run my firefox macro in the iMacros Browser, I get a quick "0VERSION BUILD=5220125" and then it ends.
Are there empty lines inside the macro? Does deleting them help?
dfinkels wrote: 1 - Can I launch Firefox plug-in recoeded macros with Windows Scripting? It seems like I have to use the iMacros Browser.
2 - Which iMacros version do I need to run a program with Windows Scripting? Scripting? Pro?
3 - Can I use Windows scripting to launch a Firefox macro? (My company blocks Internet Explorer by default, I have to get exceptions for each website)
1) Yes, you can. There is a beta scripting interface that allows for using FF instead of IE or the iMacros browser. Cf. http://forum.iopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=6894

2) To use the Scripting Interface, you need iMacros Scripting Edition

3) Yes. See answer 1 above.

Best,

Hannes