Migration problem from working FF macro to bad iMacros Brows

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dfinkels

Migration problem from working FF macro to bad iMacros Brows

Post by dfinkels » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:27 pm

I created a macro using the Firefox add-in (VERSION BUILD=5200814 RECORDER=FF). The macro opens a webpage and saves an archive to a drive. I want to run this macro at a specific time of each weekday. I installed the iMacros Browser. I followed the instructions about renameing, copying, and registering the DLLs found in the readme first.txt. Everything works fine so far. I copied my Firefox recorded macro (found in C:\Documents and Settings\dfinkelstein\Application Data\iMacros\Macros) to the iMacros.exe macro folder (C:\Program Files\iMacros\Macros\). When I try to run my firefox macro in the iMacros Browser, I get a quick "0VERSION BUILD=5220125" and then it ends.

Any ideas? I will paste the working Firefox macro below.

I have some other questions as well:
1 - Can I launch Firefox plug-in recoreded macros with Windows Scripting? It seems like I have to use the iMacros Browser.
2 - Which iMacros version do I need to run a program with Windows Scripting? Scripting? Pro?
3 - Can I use Windows scripting to launch a Firefox macro? (My company blocks Internet Explorer by default, I have to get exceptions for each website)

working FF macro:

VERSION BUILD=5220125

set !replayspeed fast
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS

ONLOGIN USER=xxxx PASSWORD=yyyy
URL GOTO=https://www.creditsights.com/default?
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:HomeMTemplate ATTR=ID:CSTopNavLogin1_UserLogin_btnGo&&VALUE:Go

'*************************************************
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Morning<SP>Comments
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:US<SP>Morning<SP>Comment*

TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=ALT:Printer<SP>Friendly
TAB T=2

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Worth<SP>Watching*
'*************************************************

'ONPRINT P=2
'WAIT SECONDS=5
'ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK
'PRINT

'SAVEAS TYPE=MHT FOLDER=I:\MassEmail FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}
SAVEAS TYPE=MHT FOLDER=I:\MassEmail FILE=+_+WorthWatching+{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}

'Wait a few seconds
WAIT SECONDS=3
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Migration problem from working FF macro to bad iMacros B

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:59 pm

dfinkels wrote:When I try to run my firefox macro in the iMacros Browser, I get a quick "0VERSION BUILD=5220125" and then it ends.
Are there empty lines inside the macro? Does deleting them help?
dfinkels wrote: 1 - Can I launch Firefox plug-in recoeded macros with Windows Scripting? It seems like I have to use the iMacros Browser.
2 - Which iMacros version do I need to run a program with Windows Scripting? Scripting? Pro?
3 - Can I use Windows scripting to launch a Firefox macro? (My company blocks Internet Explorer by default, I have to get exceptions for each website)
1) Yes, you can. There is a beta scripting interface that allows for using FF instead of IE or the iMacros browser. Cf. http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?p=6894

2) To use the Scripting Interface, you need iMacros Scripting Edition

3) Yes. See answer 1 above.

Best,

Hannes