Question about new release of beta

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jonastio

Question about new release of beta

Post by jonastio » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm

Running CentOS 4, & Firefox 2.0.0.1, just installed the latest release:

I minimized the iMacro sidebar after starting a script, and the script died. I noticed there was no "lingering" like the last issue I described where the script would only halfway die.

Are we supposed to be able to "background" the iMacros Firefox Beta while a script is running?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:46 pm

If you close the side bar, the script will stop. This is by design.

Is there a specific reason why you want to run the macro while the side bar is closed?
jonastio

Post by jonastio » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:32 pm

We have a projector displaying status pages on the wall, and we have about 10 or so that we could rotate through during the day. The computer that the projector is on is running Linux and I was looking for a quick/dirty way to just set a script to rotate through the pages. Since the resolution on the projector isn't great, screen real-estate is at a premium. I really didn't want to write a web-app to just rotate through a couple of pages. (lazy)
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks for the information. As a workaround, you could move the browser to the left, so that the iMacros sidebar is off the screen ;)